VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Weird Issues Status on Appeal

Rate this question

infernoskream

Question

Hello Everyone!

I had a weird question. I did an appeal for a secondary condition. Va.gov or vets.gov says that the case has been closed with no decision information.

However, when I click on the issues tab next to the appeals it says "In Review: Compensation Issue." What does that mean? The VA won't tell me and I'm assuming I'm going to just have to wait on the BBE. I've never seen that type of issue before. I wasn't sure if it meant that the appeal was granted and they were calculating compensation or what. Any light that could be shined on this would be helpful. Thanks, everyone!

Edited by infernoskream
misspelling

• HadIt.com Elder

JoshBirch, don't assume anything. ebennies, va.gov are not always reliable or up to date. So don't assume you were anything. You need to wait for the bbe (big brown envelope) to arrive. Actually, a note saying "compensation issue" could mean it is at a side bar where finance are figuring out what they owe you. Don't know, wait for whatever in writing.

Edited by GBArmy
typo

• HadIt.com Elder

I just had one recently also. You can call the 1-800 number (Peggy) and see if they can tell you where else you can call if they can't give you an answer, you could call the white house hot line and complain that the site doesn't give out answers and that is the whole reason why the site exits and see if you can get a quick response, you can call the Regional Office you submitted to and see what they say, and you can call your Congressman's office and speak to the Veteran rep. The answer is this is a  new (delaying) tactic the VA now has  and if we don't complain, they won't fix it.

About 100,000 claims were "resolved" by the VA simply deleting them, without a decision.  Its "shreddergate 2", which is accomplished easier, now, by the use of the "delete" key.   I read this recently, and no, I dont have a link. 

Its not anything new.  There is pressure for VA to reduce the backlog, and "poof", the backlog is gone compliments of the delete key.  

This said, ebenefits and vets.gov is unreliable.  You need to get a representative to look into VBMS to see if its there.  Or keep calling..you choose.   

You have made a point that the PRO SE Vet is discriminated against.  He cant see his VBMS file while with many representatives (that chose to jump through the hoops to gain access to VBMS) can.  

I think its a violation of due process, ripe for a writ of mandamus.  Vets have a right to see their file, and the one they mail you is out of date by the time it arrives by snail mail.  (Stuff is constantantly added or deleted to your cfile, on a daily basis).  

There are 3 reasons why VA denies pro se Vets access to their VBMS file:  

1.  It saves them money and keeps Vets in the dark.  

2.  It is a IT security problem that VA does not want to solve.  (The VA really already solved it.  You see, your ebenefits account is where you change your bank account info, so it has to be secure and not allow unauthorized access.  The VA does this by requiring an "in person" authentication (usually by the VAMC librarian).   

3.  Because they can.  

Edited by broncovet

I currently have the same status on my claim. The claim was completed but no information on the decision is available. Under the “issues” tab it did say Sleep Apnea, now it says “Compensation Issue”. I’m curious as to what you e found out since you first posted this. I’ve checked ebenefits and tried to generate a benefits letter, both of which have my old info and percentage. I’m thinking it was denied because of this but I can’t be sure yet.

The best thing to do is just wait, .. there is a reason for the status even if it isn't apparent yet.. some   of the comments made  in response to your question are conjecture  , no one knows the answer to the question that is why it is just best to wait and see .....