VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I was denied IU, but the notice is confusing

Rate this question

NHMatt

Question

After it specified that I made too much money, and found that I was gainfully employed. To which I am going to contest. At the very end it said:

Favorable Findings indetifed in this decision:

You meet the schedular criteria for this benefit.

Can someone provide me some insight as to what this means? I am 70% PTSD and was the basis of my request for TDIU.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Ok, are you currently working?  It does not matter how much money you have, but if you earn "substantial gainful employment", then you are not eligible for TDIU. SGE is defined as earning the povertly level or more, which is "about" 12,000 during the most recent 12 month period.  

Edited by broncovet

11 minutes ago, broncovet said:

Ok, are you currently working?  It does not matter how much money you have, but if you earn "substantial gainful employment", then you are not eligible for TDIU. SGE is defined as earning the povertly level or more, which is "about" 12,000 during the most recent 12 month period.  

I am self employed in a protective environment. Just me and my spouse and she picks up the bulk of the slack. I articulated this in my application. They did reference my declared income, but that was the total business income, not what I actually took home and it was denied. My disabilities have worsen and my % has gone up with newer issues and I explained that due to my disability, I cannot acquire employment. Which is true, the last place I worked before being self employed was in 2014.

What is your work situation?  The VA denied me IU when I was collecting private unemployment insurance, they claimed it was employment.

Edited by vetquest