VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD and more Success

Rate this topic

To start off I would like to say thank you to every one of this board for helping me for the last 8 months. My claim was the most stressful thing I encountered and you all helped ease my anxiety.

I originally claimed: ankle pain (INCREASE), GERD (NEW), Sleep Apnea (NEW), Convulsive Tic (NEW), PTSD (NEW) on October 13, 2018.

As initial evidence, I submitted: Slow release Tylenol prescription for my ankle pain (private doctor), Heartburn medication prescription (private doctor), Sleep Study, CPAP prescription, DBQ for Sleep Apnea (private doctor), about 4 Buddy Statements from former roommates and wife for Sleep Apnea. 2 Buddy Statements from Wife and former supervisor for PTSD.

I was given a C&P exam for the ankle a month later, awarded an increase to 10% for the ankle. Denied for everything else and deferred for PTSD in December. Received Decision Letter, then given a GERD C&P exam, awarded 10% for GERD at the beginning of January.

PTSD was denied in January due to lack of diagnosis. Submitted 2 more eye witness Buddy Statements, and written Nexus letter and PTSD DBQ (private doctor) reopened the claim for reconsideration. Began mental health treatment at the VA in January.

Afforded a PTSD C&P exam at the beginning of May 2019 with LHI. 

May 30, 2019 Service Connected for PTSD with mild alcohol use disorder due to personal assault at 50%

If anyone out there is struggling with mental health seek help at the VA originally I was against going to the VA but I have found that it has helped me in my life. Stay strong and dont give up

I will begin my appeal for sleep apnea and my convulsive tic disorder.

Edited by jamesriley1990

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lead Moderator

That is great news!  You got some wins under your belt.  I would also make sure the rating are correct.  The VA loves to lowball the first rating hoping we will just take it and leave them alone.  If you have time go look them up and make sure all the dimes they gave you should not have been a 20 or 30% or more.  

Wonderful- I almost missed this- you did the leg work- this was a reconsideration????

Shrekthetank is right- they make many errors- and if they did now is the time to correct them.....

1 hour ago, Berta said:

Wonderful- I almost missed this- you did the leg work- this was a reconsideration????

Shrekthetank is right- they make many errors- and if they did now is the time to correct them.....

yes, the PTSD claim was a reconsideration. I have requested my C file and I should "SHOULD" be getting it by the end of June.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use