VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DRO REVIEW REQUEST

Rate this question

SpaceAce54

Question

I filed for a DRO review in April 2019 with the PHILA RO, I just this week July 21. 2019 from MN. Office saying I had requested a call.

Please provide any info possible, I do not remember requesting a call, what do this mean? And Why a call from the MN. , office?

I requested a review of benefits denied, and supplied additional evidence.

2 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

My experience with a DRO was before the new "higher level review" process was implemented. There were two options back then. You could just trust them to recheck everything or you could request an "in person review". I chose the latter.

I'm not sure if the new "higher level review" process gives those options. Perhaps another member will be able to help.

They might be calling you to obtain more information or perhaps to perform the actual review over the phone. 

My DRO appeal with only 1 call from va was like this..

I filed NOD and received a c&p exam right away then few months later received a phone call from somebody I can't remember stating all my facts and do I have any further evidence to add before it gets sent up.. I said I had no new or additional evidence on my appeal but agreed its good to go and no changes.. First he said if I had 10 or 15 mins to talk and that it was being recorded and stated he makes no decisions to my claim.

I had a favorable c&p exam..after I filed the NOD. It seems like forever but after 19 months of waiting without any communications besides above..i got my decision recently.. Waiting on BBE. Tdiu seems like approved but I wanted schedular..3 increases ive asked for got approved but not all..