Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-File

Rate this question

RBrogen

Question

Out of curiosity I was wondering if anyone here had requested their C-File via FOIA request and if so how long did it take to get it.  I submitted my request March 7, 2019 and have had 2 estimated completion dates go by with no results.

Thanks in advance!

rackamall.jpg

12 minutes ago, RBrogen said:

I filed using fax and the FOIA documentation from veteranslawblog.com.  I followed up a couple of weeks later with a call to VA to have them check status and told them I didn't see it on E-Benefits.  Shortly after, it appeared.  Also, after the legal 20 days of time had passed for the VA to supposedly comply with the FOIA, they say to send a FOIA appeal, which I did  but after a couple of months given that I knew the VA would never comply with the 20 days.

interesting...thank you for the info

8 minutes ago, Patton said:

filed the same way.

I filed in January, but it was not recorded until March. Here is what it looks like on VA.gov:

Find out why we sometimes combine claims.

thank you. i filed mine for the new cfile right after I broke my foot so like 3 months ago... hmmm

1 minute ago, GeekySquid said:

thank you. i filed mine for the new cfile right after I broke my foot so like 3 months ago... hmmm

I filed for mine right after they denied a claim, only to find out that they reopened it after reviewing my records. Oh well, I needed to get a copy anyway. As soon as this claim closes, I will file the next one.

12 minutes ago, Patton said:

I filed for mine right after they denied a claim, only to find out that they reopened it after reviewing my records. Oh well, I needed to get a copy anyway. As soon as this claim closes, I will file the next one.

I had a similar situation where I had a undeniably inadequate C&P that I documented over 14 major issues.  The examiner's boss even said they agreed I should get a new C&P, it just got reopened so we'll see how it goes.

rackamall.jpg

17 minutes ago, RBrogen said:

I had a similar situation where I had a undeniably inadequate C&P that I documented over 14 major issues.  The examiner's boss even said they agreed I should get a new C&P, it just got reopened so we'll see how it goes.

I asked an reviewer to see what was wrong with my claim. He said that he could see that I had issues during service, I am being seen for it at the VA and my IMO had everything needed to be awarded. All the C&P Examiner needed to do was record how many flare ups I have in a year and the level of pain. 

It will be interesting to see if they order a third C&P Exam.

Just now, Patton said:

I asked an reviewer to see what was wrong with my claim. He said that he could see that I had issues during service, I am being seen for it at the VA and my IMO had everything needed to be awarded. All the C&P Examiner needed to do was record how many flare ups I have in a year and the level of pain. 

It will be interesting to see if they order a third C&P Exam.

I would bet they do an additional C&P .... it's a strategy to try and get vets to miss an appointment so they can outright deny or get frustrated with the repetitive BS and quit trying.

rackamall.jpg