Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Travel voucher blues, again

Rate this topic

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

For community care, I was told by VAMC travel that I just needed a work excuse. Today, they tell me that the work excuses also have to be dated by the provider.

I had three VA appointments today, each about 30 minutes away from each other and the VAMC travel office only gave me a voucher for the one at the VAMC. They could not provide a regulation or M21-1 reference stating this policy. They said they needed them date/time stamped to see if I had enough time to go home between visits (which I would have) just in case they get audited. They printed out an email they received stating there is no restriction or limit to the number of trips a BT veteran can claim. It says, "The time between appointments must be reasonable to have traveled home."

Anyone ever hear of this?

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I had problems them paying my travel pay to the nearest VA Facility  Closes to my home...which is only 8 miles but I been using the Dallas VAMC for the last 22 years or so  and I always filed travel pay  but when we moved  they  only pay the 8 miles which is the Ft Worth VA Hospital Anex which is only 8 miles from my home  but they don't have the  MH Clinic and some other specialty clinics  like Dental  ect,,ect,, the ones I use the most...I took it to the Travel Pay Director  Assistant director   he agreed that my care is coming from the Dallas VAMC because it was specialty care   it was like 48 miles more per trip  so the assistant director of travel pay  fixed it to where they pay me travel pay to the Dallas Location.

They are suppose to pay travel pay from the nearest VA Facility closes to your home  .from what I understand...if you have to travel to other VA Facility's  you should get  that travel pay to those va facility's.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• 3 years later...

That sounds frustrating to deal with travel voucher blues again. It's disappointing when you receive conflicting information from VAMC travel about the work excuse requirements. It's always helpful to have clear guidelines and regulations in place to avoid any confusion.

The BTSSS system started in 2019, y'all. Those topic is not new, or even recent. 

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)