VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA compensation and SSI

Rate this question

RJ3

Question

I am P&T 100% service connected for major depressive disorder 10% tinnitus 40% back strain 30% GERD w/Barrett’s Esophagus. I live in Washington state and received my P&T in June 2019. My question is am I permitted or eligible to receive SSI benefits as well based upon the VA P&T 100% rating?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, RJ3 said:

am I permitted or eligible to receive SSI benefits

i think  the best thing to do is look at this web cite and see if you qualify , I know it depends on many factors but I am not well versed in all of the requirements.

https://www.ssa.gov/benefits/ssi/

Social Security and the VA do not have the same criteria necessarily, there are many veterans rated 100% PT and work full time jobs for the federal government as well as every other job you can imagine really.  The only way to determine whether you are eligible for SSDI is to apply, you will not receive SSI, your income will exceed the guidelines so if you don't have enough recent work credits then you will be pretty much out of luck.   You can look up the difference between SSI and SSDI on the social security website but if you truly cannot work then you should apply.