Help Needed - VA Disability Claims Research - VA Disability Community via Jump to content
VA Disability Community via

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Read the LatestSearch | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events |  Donate  | Blogs | New Users

  • 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png


  • donate-be-a-hero.png

  • 0

Help Needed

Rate this question

Jimmy Peterson


2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0



Not sure what kind of help you need, but if its for adapted housing, there are two ways to go.. one is HISA which is administered by you local VA medical Center, what you will need is a prescription from your doctors for say a ramp, or adapted bathroom, all veterans qualify for this program service connected veterans can receive more assistance than non service connected veterans. But again the doctor needs to specify what your needs are.  If HISA doesn't cover your needs... there is the adapted housing grant its about $85K but  it requires you to have specific ratings. see the attached information.

Circular 26-06-7 Specially adapted housing.pdf Handbook 1173-14 HiSA 18Apr2008.pdf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use