Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

sciatica and arthritis

Rate this question

Top Dog

Question

Is it possible to get a rating for bilateral  sciatica and also claim arthritis or is that pyramiding. Currently at 90%  I have been adequately compensated for all these disabilities at the correct rate. Service connected PTSD 50%, IBS 30%,  back 20%,  shoulder 20%, bilateral sciatica 20 % each leg,  tinnitus 10%,  eyes 10%,  scalp 10% and wrist 10%. I have secondary pain from knees, ankles and foot nothing in my records show injury just pain. Am I done or am I overlooking  something. Thanks

2 answers to this question

• Adminstrator

I would say go for what you are having issues with and let the VA sort it out.  The VA also rates for pain now also.  From what I can see of this one is nerve pain and arthritis is a join pain.  Typically conditions get worse or they cause other problems.  I would file for what you feel is happening.

I would file for the pain and include service records of seeking treatment.  There are many things that can cause pain and therefore let the VA sort this out for you.  They should do a C&P and you go from there.