VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tyndall AFB, Fred Bayou, Shoal Point, toxic exposures

Rate this question

ToxicSgt73

Question

This is a general question first:  I am looking for any leads to more information to toxins in Fred Bayou, Shoal Point Bayou, at Tyndall AFB. 

I have ingested apex predators from said location, waded in the sediment, splashed in the water, cleaned the mud off my boots, wiped my brow, field dressed the animals (washed my hands of course),  fish and blue crabs,  from the same extended body of water, mammals, and birds of prey (all legal of course, during hunting season, in areas open to hunting on the base). During 1970's. I basically ate off the land my two years stationed there.

Also, hunted and tracked deer and black bear on the other side of the base in the Red Horse Area, area of two hardened structures, in the middle of paper mill plantings with plenty of newly cut over turned fire breaks.  Also up to beach areas were strafing runs left tracks of lead. Other areas of base open to hunting. 

I have a big stack of documents to digest, looking for more, any help would be greatly appreciated.  If you would rather message me offline that fine also. 

I am looking for any information as what toxins were on the ground in 1974, 1976, or in the water, or in animal testing. 

Tyndall managed to dodge the EPA until the Hurricane, but actual data is very hard to come by.  Even the local tests seem to be mostly hands off, even in their wording as the discharges from Tyndall as listed as 'Industrial'. I can guess why. 

Still, I have my hands on quite a bit, I know there is a lot more hiding out there. The latest local study alludes to the dioxins from sediment out in the middle of the bay off of Fred Bayou, being off the charts and it being a mystery as to why the paper mill is on the other side of the bay? I could guess why....

I have Lead, Cadmium, and Arsenic in my blood.  These I know. 

As of January 2019, I have:

brain:  pineal cyst,  
lungs: scattered nodules 3mm, bottom both lungs hazy attenuation, one lung smaller than normal. (pneumonia, pleurisy at 29 yrs)  Low volume,  exactly how much, don't know.            bone islands: small ones scattered         

right kidney: 26mm renal cyst

left thigh: intramuscular lipoma

Liver and bile duct: intraheptic dilation and extraheptic dilation of bile ducts (in liver and outside of liver) something making bile duct larger than normal

I had acute pancreatitis at 35 yrs, have chronic pancreatitis since. About once a week currently. I am not diagnosed as a diabetic, but I haven't been tested in a few weeks, the crashes after the evening meal are swift and horrible.

IHD, IN Service chest pains, EKG, at ER. chronic, thereafter, treatment with no diagnosis and constant shift of emphasis from gastro to heart with multiple angios and endoscopes, both clean, but low excercise tolerability and with low tolerability of chemical stress test which showed abnormality when angio showed none.....and then doctors blamed the other specialty, back and forth for decades. Then MI, heart attack, stent intervention, and finding of additional old 100% blockage (which has been left as is) and collateral arteries. AFIB now, I don't know if that is toxic relevant yet.

Diverticulitis at 29 yrs, Constipation alternating with Diarrhea from service time and bleeding hemorrhoids, also motility problem exiting with no notice, no hold back. And opposite motility problem of food not reaching stomach, and regurgitated maybe up to an hour after a meal, without any acid. ( clean endoscope about 15 years ago, I have the pictures) . Two rectal surgies, first due to one of those involuntary movements tearing things up a bit. So, constipation has been a big deal with diastasis recti diagnosed in January as the reason for the cat scan. 

had GI and heart appts scheduled at different base when separated, was rushed out of service in 7 days without physical nor appts. 

Hyperhydrosis: currently severe, diagnosed 8 years ago, never could get a doctor to listen to me, but, in looking at old pictures, everyone else is dry, and I am soaked.  All the way back to then. I recently switched from passive cooling apparel to active cooling vests, just like the astronauts.  

Essential tremor: first occurrence in the service, of course I didn't advertise it, but working on that, diagnosis in early 90s

Chronic Sinusitis: by age 29,  secondary pneumonia, pleurisy, allergy shots, doc said he had never seen anyone with so many sensitivities, it took 3 vials for my cocktail shots.  Brain MRI showed sinus polyp in 92, it is so chronic now that it is draining as I am standing still most of the time.

Chronic Bronchitis, pneumonia multiple times

Dry eyes: diagnosis, have liquid draining out of my eyes most of the time

Chloracne: ? I don't know.....I know I have some big pimples that keep coming back in the same place along the top of my eyebrows where one would wipe their forehead if they sweat alot, with big blackheads that do the same. First blackhead was on scrotum.  I have had recurring cysts in my eyelids since right after service, last one was last year. 
I have sebaceous cysts (humongous ones if that is what they truly are recurring all these years.  First one was in the groin with 3 months of leaving the service, I get a recurring line of them across the middle of my back (where your shirt would rub if you bent over, and then another line of them across the back of my neck (where your collar would rub) have a couple of them now. 

One of the first things that should have clued me in that something was not like everyone else: PN, I would get pins and needles so bad that I remember kicking my toolbox and not feeling a thing.  This is when flight line had big metal tool boxes where you could load them up with anything and there was no accounting for any of it.  But, that is what I would do, steady myself against the wall and stamp the floor until I got enough feeling that I wasn't afraid of breaking my ankle when I took my first step.  (that has morphed now, it just plain hurts and burns and whatever else it wants to do.....and I am on my second lift chair, (both, out of my pocket) I haven't been able to lift my butt off of anything in about ten years with my legs only, and the cramping of bending my legs makes it impossible sometimes.  Arms, too. Current diagnoses says that it isn't just feeling any more, its taking its toll.

Eyelid tics early on, and alternately burning or cold sensations....anywhere.....and for the last 15 years at least as I am journal keeper (only started reading it lately) I kept good notes for preparation for doctor appointments since the 80's as I was trying to figure out what was going on. For the last 15 years: the left side of my face has been numb, no apparent muscle damage, nor distortion, but numb. 

So, I was diagnosed with Lewy Body Disease back in 2011 (LBD, I was diagnosed at Mayo, in research studies there) not everything that I thought should be connected to this disease was connected by mayo, like the essential tremor, and a few other things, not consistent with the level of everything as a whole.  And neither am I. As we can read that toxic exposure can contribute or cause cognitive issues and most of what I listed above. Especially if we are talking about a toxic soup.  Add half burned, all day, JP-4 on the line, hydraulic fluid baths, fire fighting foam spray, all the good stuff, solder, all of it. Might as well add a good dose of sunshine. 

I am trying to connect dots, my wife and I have the war room set up, and we are well on our way.  This will not be my initial claim, but this one is going to take a lot of work.  Its not just my word, I have more to put me where I said I was doing the things I said. 

Any help with info on more details of toxins at those locations, and any info on disease linking to the toxins there would be really appreciated.  

I outlined some of what is going on with me as maybe someone has personal experience or knowledge from written material.

I have already outlived one expiration date. LBD carries a likelyhood of 5-7 years, it was 5 -8 when I was diagnosed.  That is why I think they let me walk out of mayo with that cat scan report back in January, with all of those little things, thinking well, he won't be around when they get big enough to worry about....well....not if I can do anything about it. I have attacked LBD with a vengeance since 2011, now it seems I have something else to go after.

I don't think everything is connected to my exposure.  That is what I am trying to determine with more information.  Its crappy that I can't just go to a lawyer, but, I sure am not surprised, I will deal with it, just like everyone does. 

I do have some cognitive issues, I have tried to put no emotion in here, just facts of what is, and what I would like to know and the reason why. 

1. Tyndall

2. Toxins

3. Diseases

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Forgot to add: 

I mimicked starvation mode while on weight control program.  I lost 38 lbs, I was really helped mimick starvation mode by being put on speed by service.  This effectively mainlined the toxins stored in my body fat as I metabolized them and sending the toxins to all my organs, even across the blood brain barrier.  This from my research. A good paper is the study after the superfund cleanup at the former Loring AFB. In the report the same mammals I ate at Tyndall are used to measure the remaining toxins on site, because they take the place of apex predators like eagles.

So, one could understand I didn't have the toxins drip out in my over the years, I had them dumped on me just before separation.  

Any help, greatly appreciated.

6 hours ago, GBArmy said:

Toxicsgt73 This source might help in your research  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/?term=GERD+and+Amlodipine+Besylate

the motility study is very interesting, thanks