VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P

Rate this question

Jahkel97

Question

Filed a claim for 4 issues PSTD, Sleep Apnea, Tinnitus and Headache. Receiving treatment at the VA for all issues with exception for Headache. Received a call from VES for a C&P exam for Headache only.

Does this mean I need to submit additional evidence regarding the 3 other issues?

• HadIt.com Elder
1 hour ago, Usaf9498 said:

I filed a claim for ptsd, tinnitus, hearing loss, and sleep apnea on August 8th. I have my c&p for hearing loss at 0730 today. So far, it's my only c&p scheduled. 

I wish you the best at your audiology C&P for your hearing loss

Let us know how it went.

3 hours ago, Buck52 said:

wish you the best at your audiology C&P for your hearing loss

Let us know how it went.

Thank you for the wishes Buck. Here is how it went. 

I had my audiology c&p exam this morning. We started with questions about when I served, where I deployed to and she made the connection and asked if I was a combat vet. I said yes, technically, because I am a priority group 6 for deploying. She asked about my job and I told her Egress. She asked me what that was and I explained that I worked on ejection seats. She said oh so you worked on the flightline? I said yes and she asked about noise levels and what caused those noises on the line. She said most people say generators. I agreed with her, generators and jet packs. She asked if I hunted before and after the military and I said yes, both. She asked if I had ringing in my ears and I said oh man, yeah, its terrible. Both ears and worse in right. I also explained that my anxiety meds made it worse and she agreed and explained what all causes tinnitus to get worse. We went through the actual hearing exam , which was much quicker than my non c&p hearing exam that I did last month.

She was either not paying attention to what she was saying, or she was trying to trick me because she kept saying we will start with your left ear but started with my right, etc. At one point she said ignore the wind in your left ear and focus on your right ear for beeps. There was no wind at all and the beeps came in my left ear. 

She came back in the room and explained that last months results were the same as this time, and that she would send the results to the rater. She said to give them 4-6 weeks for their decision and if they decided to service connect me, they will move forward. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Yeah these VA Audiologist seeem to not like to help us veterans get service connected for hearing loss..

One bad thing that you mention to the audiologist is when she ask you if you hunt before and after military?  you stated yes

this may come back to hurt your S.C. for hearing loss?

they can say that beings you hunting before military   your hearing problems most likely cause or related to your hunting of fire your weapon and damage to your inner ears is most likely caused at that time.

29 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

One bad thing that you mention to the audiologist is when she ask you if you hunt before and after military?  you stated yes

this may come back to hurt your S.C. for hearing loss?

I had that same thought but I was honest. 

I will say that the first audio tech last month asked about what hand I write with. She further explained that if you shoot right handed, you should have hearing damage on left side. My worst damage is right side. 

But, who knows right? 

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes its always good to be honest   you can also say although you did some hunting before military  however I used a great pair of hearing plugs (ear protection)while hunting   as so not to damage my inner ear drums...I was not issued ear protection while on the flight line however. ect,,,ect,,,

you will need to let them know about your tinnitus too if you have a ringing sounds in your head? this is known as tinnitus  and the Dr will not ask you about it   we veterans need to let them know we have it and its constant  never goes away and worse at bedtime.  if you don't let them know you have a ringing in your ears/head  they won't mention it in their report  tinnitus is a 10% payment on both ears. and can be service connected with hearing loss   even if they say your hearing loss is rated at 0%  you can still get service connected for the tinnitus.

Hearing loss is very very hard to get service connected and a rating for the loss.

Hey those 10%ers add up.

Edited by Buck52