VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Archives Has Lost My Administrative Records? What Next?

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi All.

I was told by the AMC that they needed a complete copy of my administrative records.

They told me to go on line and have them sent to me and then send them to them.

I did this in July of 2006 and again in September of 2006.

Well. behold, now the AMC wants a copy directly from the archives sent to them electonically and without them passing through my hands.

Well, I found out today that the AMC received notice from the archives that my administrative records are lost.

The guy at the AMC told me to call the Archives and see what they told me.

I talked to the lady at the Archives and she confirmed they are lost and are flagged and the Archives will send the AMC a copy when and if they show up, if they show up!

What do I do now?

Is there a reason why The AMC cannot use the copies that I received from the archives and sent to them?

Does anyone have any suggestions for me.

Do I just call it quits on this claim and forget it and consider one not to be won?

Thanks,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Josephine,

Ummmm this may sound stupid but whats AMC?

Further:

In the absence of copies of your record from NARA, they can accept your own copies, along with a happy statement that you certify that to the best of your knowlege that the records exhibited are true and correct etc etc etc...

So they will accept your records, if this is the VA we are talking about...

• HadIt.com Elder
Josephine,

Ummmm this may sound stupid but whats AMC?

Further:

In the absence of copies of your record from NARA, they can accept your own copies, along with a happy statement that you certify that to the best of your knowlege that the records exhibited are true and correct etc etc etc...

So they will accept your records, if this is the VA we are talking about...

sixthscents.

I am sorry. The AMC is the Appeals Management Center. My claim went to the Board of Veterans Appeals and was remanded to the Appeals Management Center in Washington D. C for further development.

One of the parts of the remand stated:

Secure the Veterans Complete Administrative Records and any medical records not previously acquired by the Dept. of Veterans Affairs.

The part that doesn't make any sense. One of the counselors at the AMC told me to speed up the process, I could write to the St. Louis Archives and acquire the Administrative Records and sent them to them.

This is did in July and in September, when I inquired about my claim, they stated to me again, that they needed the Administrative Records from the Archives.

I told them that I had acquired them and had sent them to them.

They said, " That is fine, but we need to receive our own copy".

I called them in December to see if they had received their copies and was told again, that I could get them for them.

Now, the Appeals Management Center has two copies of The Administrative Records and are still wanting their own copy.

The St. Louis Archives state" We cannot locate your Administrative Records, as they are lost, we have not been able to locate the records since Septemeber."

Now, I am trying to figure out " What is wrong with the two copies that I have sent to them? They are complete, even down to the envelope.

I was told yesterday, that they have those two copies. but it looked like they may have to get their own copy.

This makes no sense. They have the Administrative Records and want another complete set from the Archives.

The records may show up at the Archives and they may not.

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

I would think so too----I guess they dont want these directly from the vet-in any situation not just Josephine- but what a frustrating ordeal-

I am wondering- with a good IMO and also with a proven nexus- why would they even need them?

Then again I am totally unfamiliar with the way the AMC works--

Josephine when the VA considered you a long time ago for a pension- is it possible that they got these specific records then and these records might not have followed the rest of the files to the AMC?

Is there anyway your service office -who might have a vet rep in the same RO building- could check whatever the RO might still have?

I went through something like this long ago-

they sent the entire stack of records to VACO in WAshington but they forgot the most critical evidence- a 4 page autopsy.

This autopsy I had already supplied to the RO numerous times and that is when I met the MF (Mysterious force) because they kept saying they never got it-for 3 years -

until I raised hell at RO level-then they said they had it-

but only by calling the med team at VACO and talking to VA's chief cardiologist did I even find this out-when the claim went down there-that again it was missing-

when this DC VA doctor said "What Autopsy!" in a very alarmed way-

Here I was talking to this doctor about the most critical evidence and the RO had never sent it to them-

and believe me they went through every single med rec at VA Central-it wasnt there - I faxed it and got FTCA case resolved very very soon after that.

I sure feel and understand your frustration.

• HadIt.com Elder
If you have copies and they don't they will have to accept them. Its really that simple.

Pete,

I pray to God that it is that simple. I just talked to the Archives and I gave them the name of the technician that last had his hands on them.

What I don't understand. I just talked to the AMC and they say that the two copies that I sent to them, they can't locate these either.

I have two copies of those darn records and someone had better give me a correct fax number of a competent person to sent them to again.

I haven't any ideal of what is going on here?

Thanks,

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder
I would think so too----I guess they dont want these directly from the vet-in any situation not just Josephine- but what a frustrating ordeal-

I am wondering- with a good IMO and also with a proven nexus- why would they even need them?

Then again I am totally unfamiliar with the way the AMC works--

Josephine when the VA considered you a long time ago for a pension- is it possible that they got these specific records then and these records might not have followed the rest of the files to the AMC?

Is there anyway your service office -who might have a vet rep in the same RO building- could check whatever the RO might still have?

I went through something like this long ago-

they sent the entire stack of records to VACO in WAshington but they forgot the most critical evidence- a 4 page autopsy.

This autopsy I had already supplied to the RO numerous times and that is when I met the MF (Mysterious force) because they kept saying they never got it-for 3 years -

until I raised hell at RO level-then they said they had it-

but only by calling the med team at VACO and talking to VA's chief cardiologist did I even find this out-when the claim went down there-that again it was missing-

when this DC VA doctor said "What Autopsy!" in a very alarmed way-

Here I was talking to this doctor about the most critical evidence and the RO had never sent it to them-

and believe me they went through every single med rec at VA Central-it wasnt there - I faxed it and got FTCA case resolved very very soon after that.

I sure feel and understand your frustration.

Berta,

I think that I know what they are looking for. Remember that lady psychiatrist stated that I denied any article 15's. I don't have or never had any. They are probably looking for some of those. Also I have told them countless of times that I put in for a request for transfer to another duty station, when I couldn't take it any longer. I think that they want that piece of paper.

I have both copies of those administrative records to send to the most competent person on the staff at the AMC. They are not going to like seeing that transfer sheet, as I was to be shipped out in July, but my discharge came first in May.

The IMO Doctor is tomorrow. He is going to meet with my husband. He has typed up everything for me and is prepared to talk for me. Thank God this is not the first one that he has done.

I have an outline for the doctor to follow. I have prepared for him my complete history and the medical evidence to back up everything that I have said.

I am not sure why the BVA in that remand left out my buddy letter, that is a strange one.

I have the non-service connected pension at 100% for anxiety with depression.

To my knowledge, my administrative records have never been requested by anyone.

Thanks Berta,

Always,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine