VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Copies of C/P exams conducted by contractors

Rate this question

Richard1954

Question

I am posting this information because questions keep getting asked about how long it takes to get a copy of exams done  by contractors. 

Finally after 8 months I have received copies of two different C/P exams conducted by LHI. The VA is treating these request as Freedom of Information request and list them in the claims section of  VA.gov.

Ironically, I have already appealed the two claims in question to the BVA.. I want to amend one claim based on the C/P exam results , not sure the BVA will except the amendment but will try and see what happens. 

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Richard1954

I a not sure why it took you so long to get your C&P Reports from General Contractors? 8 months is really way to long to get these reports.

I had a QTC PTSD C&P Forinsic Exam and I was able to get this examiners report about 3 weeks after the date of the exam.

with that said  different examiners take longer than other examiners to write or finish their report  in which after they finish it they are required tp push that send button and send it back to the VA   when VA Recieves  The Report  it is copied into the VBMS   and is available on all VBMS stations...Now at these stations the user needs to have the authority to access this report.

Some VSO do not have the authority to pull this exam up on the VBMS  They need to be certified  for security purposes. Most Accredited VA Claims agents have the authority but some don't and most VA Attorneys have  the authority and some don't..so not all VSO can pull this up.

I got my C&P Report after 3 weeks from the VBA Office  the VSO's there are accredited to use this particular program to pull the C&P Report up on their computer...and make the veteran one free copy.

As  Understand the VA has different levels to use the VBMS depending on what it is they need to look up.

Richard1954, you should start you a Hadit Blog....your pretty good explaining things on different levels of the VA  TREE so-to speak!!!

Ms Tbird has a place you can go to start your own Blog..just click on Blogs  at the top of the  hadit page.

And write your own blog..it can be about anything but as long as its VA Related.

Edited by Buck52