VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just a ?

Rate this question

Mr cue

Question

Ok I got the transcript of my informal hearing July 10 pretty much what we talked about.

I had to have two more comp exams done on July 25 7 total comp exam for aid & attended. An lose of use of my hand smh

Well ain't way I was told dro started the review Aug 25 if true how long does it take. Told they have  60 days once they start the review is that true.

If I didn't get a denail by now is that good or bad lol

Crazy part I receive in home care 2 day a week 2 hr. Pay by VA hospital will not pay for more days say budget smh.

So I am stuck with 4 hr of  in home care. Told my income stop me from Medicaid. An it's been 2 yrs  3 desicion with not one thing about my in home care Or need of help.

Your not beddrin denied . Smh

Well it's write in the informal transcript. Let see this decision

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I don't know about the 60 days. It might be more of a guideline. Under the old system, I had an in person DRO review. They could not give me an exact estimate of how long it will take for them to finish, but I received the rating decision in the mail about 5 or 6 weeks later.

Yes I think it's a guide line thing dro told me 30 60 days after hearing now 1800 told same thang an it was stated in the informal transcript.

But I had comp exam order it took 2 week before I was seen

We'll see if they live up to there 60 day timeline lol

9 hours ago, Vync said:

I don't know about the 60 days. It might be more of a guideline. Under the old system, I had an in person DRO review. They could not give me an exact estimate of how long it will take for them to finish, but I received the rating decision in the mail about 5 or 6 weeks later.

That must have been a while ago vync.  They are putting them out one to two years as estimates before the DRO looks at your file, if you request an in person it could be longer. 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
12 hours ago, vetquest said:

That must have been a while ago vync.  They are putting them out one to two years as estimates before the DRO looks at your file, if you request an in person it could be longer. 

It was around 2012 when I went through the DRO. It took about two years, but that was because I requested an in-person meeting with the DRO. With the VA's great shift to get initial claims turnaround time reduced, it probably ballooned the DRO wait time, especially for in-person reviews.