Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help with DRO Appeal

Rate this question

lawrencebe

Question

Tomorrow will mark 7 years that I’ve been waiting for the VA to make a decision on my original claim. Currently I’ve been waiting 6 years for a DRO review to be completed, since August 2013, and while things were moving earlier this year with exams, it seems as if my claim has stalled since July of this year. I’m currently Hardship flagged and hopefully waiting for something soon but I’m just seeing if there’s ANYTHING I can do to get this thing moving. 

I have a current White House VA case pending, I’ve contacted lawyers who can’t help until I get an SSOC, my VSO can only give me the “hang in there” speech and my congressman hasn’t replied to my email for assistance. IRIS gives me the same statement that the 800# gives and I can’t opt into any AMA lanes until I get an SSOC. The RO in Oakland has no answers either and after tomorrow I believe it will be time I move on from this VA circus and focus on something else. I just need to know is there anything else I can do?

If I’ve done all I can and need to wait then that’s ok. I feel like I’ve given this a good fight since last April to at least get this far but if there’s anything I can do can you guys let me know?

Thanks for your guys help...

Edited by lawrencebe

1 hour ago, 63Charlie said:

You could most likely get the ball rolling by filing a petition for a Writ Of Mandamus against the VA.

I’ve read about this and I know there’s a few different forum posts about this but I would need help in figuring out how to write this up where to send this to. For some reason though  it seems like that Writ is for people who are at the BVA level waiting to see a judge. 

Edited by lawrencebe

1 hour ago, lawrencebe said:

I’ve read about this and I know there’s a few different forum posts about this but I would need help in figuring out how to write this up where to send this to. For some reason though  it seems like that Writ is for people who are at the BVA level waiting to see a judge. 

I'm not a lawyer but it is my opinion that the Writ should be filed at the Court Of Appeals For Veterans Claims.

Go to the Asknod website and see if you can find what you need there.

You can also do a Google search for more info.

You got to put skin in the game.

File a petition for a Writ Of Mandamus against the VA. "I don't know how?" and this is where the KISS principle comes into play. Then mail it at the postal office on Monday.

October 11, 2019

Dear VA,

This certified mailed letter is a Writ of Mandamus for my claim for the DRO review. 

Signed 

Your name

34 minutes ago, Oceanbound said:

File a petition for a Writ Of Mandamus against the VA. "I don't know how?" and this is where the KISS principle comes into play. Then mail it at the postal office on Monday.

October 11, 2019

Dear VA,

This certified mailed letter is a Writ of Mandamus for my claim for the DRO review. 

Signed 

Your name

Stop the madness sir!! Lol! You and I both know it’s gotta be more involved than just that lol!!