VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question... Back pay and benefits letter

Rate this question

TMannfish

Question

Will back pay be deposited at anytime during the day and will the benefits letter up date at anytime or only in the morning?  Should I check morning and afternoon?  I'm still here waiting trying to be patient and coming up on 1 year since the VLJ hearing and 6 months since the ROs grant of P and T. 

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Banks usually post deposits in the evening when they do their processing of accounts so your deposit only needs to be checked in the AM.  The benefits letter will be updated when someone gets around to it, usually before you see your envelope.  I too would be anxious if it has been six months.  This is where you need to take some time away from your case and get a hobby.  My hobby was fighting with the VA for many years, now I am trying to do other things as I wait for an NOD to be processed.

5 minutes ago, vetquest said:

Banks usually post deposits in the evening when they do their processing of accounts so your deposit only needs to be checked in the AM.  The benefits letter will be updated when someone gets around to it, usually before you see your envelope.  I too would be anxious if it has been six months.  This is where you need to take some time away from your case and get a hobby.  My hobby was fighting with the VA for many years, now I am trying to do other things as I wait for an NOD to be processed.

Thank you vetquest for the reply.  The frustrating part is that my DAV rep tells me everything is complete, just waiting on a 3rd signature... That's been the story for 7 weeks now

You should try to not get infected with ebenefititis.  Its caused by checking ebenefits too frequently and becomes as addictive as smoking.  

Instead, replace ebenefitis with another habit not so bad, such as overeating, smoking, or excessive alcohol.  You will feel so much better.  

Seriously, I dont suggest you check ebenefits/va.gov more than 3 times a week, but if you insist, try every day.  A watched pot never boils.