Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Duty To Assist ...

Rate this question

RBrogen

Question

I'm trying to get a better idea of what the VA's obligation is under the "duty to assist" veteran's with developing and adjudicating their claim.

Scenario:  During a C&P exam for condition "A", tests performed also proved that a previously service connected condition has worsened.

Question:  Does the VA have any obligation to view that evidence as a sympathetic claim for increase for the service condition that has worsened?

Thanks as always!!!

rackamall.jpg

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
5 minutes ago, RBrogen said:

I here ya about making sure things are right.  I walked away from the VA for over 25 years and was stuck at a 20% rating.  I picked it back up in Nov 2018 and as of April of 2019 went from 20% to 100% P&T.  It has a direct impact on my family, my kids college etc and is only right that the VA do the right thing.

My initial rating was 40% from 1995 to about 2008 when I discovered Hadit. If one or both of my CUEs are approved, the initial rating for those years should go up to 50% or 60%.

100% P&T is really worth it. My wife went to college and used it. My daughter is currently in college using it. CHAMPVA is a huge benefit for them too. Knowing that when I am not longer able to work, I don't have to rely solely on social security and my retirement.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

1 minute ago, Vync said:

My initial rating was 40% from 1995 to about 2008 when I discovered Hadit. If one or both of my CUEs are approved, the initial rating for those years should go up to 50% or 60%.

100% P&T is really worth it. My wife went to college and used it. My daughter is currently in college using it. CHAMPVA is a huge benefit for them too. Knowing that when I am not longer able to work, I don't have to rely solely on social security and my retirement.

Yeah I have a CUE in right now for a 1999 decision that would change my 20% to 60% so it is well worth the effort. I haven't investigated CHAMPVA yet but will be doing that as well.

rackamall.jpg