Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Closed appeal with no decision

Rate this question

scooter318

Question

Hi Everyone 
I wanted to know has anyone seen a situation like this before, I have an appeal with the VA to have my benefits increased. I submitted all the required paperwork from my past doctor's visits the lay statements the C&P and the IMO that I had done as well,I have a law firm also representing me.I checked on that status of the appeal and it was closed on August 1st. I thought that the VA was going to make a decision and that's why it was closed. So another person who I know who submitted his claim a month after me just got his results back on Monday. So I called the VA and they told me that my case was closed because I didn't file out form 21-526E. So I called the law firm that was representing me and they told me not to file out that form because that's for a new claim and I already have a claim in the system. Below is what the paralegal from the law firm sent me when she looked into my case. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated because I don't know what to do now.

Per my review of your file on the VBMS website, it shows our NOD was filed and received  by the VA on 3/20/19 but, your electronic file is still showing your appeal is closed. I sent a letter to the VA attaching our NOD and proof the document was received by the VA.  I will check your electronic file again in 30 days to make sure the VA acknowledged our NOD and is working your appeal. 

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You need to wait and see what they tell your attorney.

if they (your attorney) filed your NOD on 3-20-19..your good on that until 3-19.20.

so within 30 days you don't hear anything contact the VA your self  or remind your attorney.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have e benefits  you can check the status of your claim  or call IRIS 1-800-827-1000

IRIS,

The Inquiry Routing and Information System (IRIS) is a web-based inquiry tool found under "Contact Us" located on each page of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) website. You may get information about your own VA benefits claims as well as general information about the VA and any of its other benefits programs

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

As Buck said, since you lawyered up like I did, you have to let your attorney work the case (and stop stressing that form or this sweet 16 bracket was or wasnt filed because your team lost to the delaware dolphins by 7 jumpshots of the hockey puck puttered in by the F1 race on the tennis court under the swimming pool), and if you want a status up date just check ebennies/va.gov every Thursday or you'll go crazy.

Sure you can send email in seconds but that is the digital world, the real world still operates in the real world.