Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Husband Got Approved For P&t

Rate this topic

Lady

Just wanted everyone know my husband got the news last week they made him P&T. No more exams, and I did get the educational benfit also. Also the medical from ChampVa. This is so great . I have been staying at home taking care of my husband and did not have health insurance. He is 70% P&T. This may sound silly but should I do a NOD and try to get him up to100% which he really is , or not put myself through more paperwork. I am also trying to S/C alot of his health problems with his PTSD. So this is why I am asking about 70% or try for the 100%. Hope this makes sense to all , we are very happy.Mary&Greg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lady Mary: Did your husband also get TDIU for unemployability? Since he is 70% T&P they should have. I think it is optimal that he be found 100% T&P I believe you and he would be eligible for other benefits that being only 70% would not allow you to be qualified for.

Someone more knowlegdable might know how to better answer your question. Plus if he has c heart condition because of his PTSD and he should pass away from a heart attack, then you would have a claim to DIC The more problems that are possibly life threatening, that are SC the better you stand should he die as a result of one of these conditions, you will have a better chance for servicer benefits.

Good luck and keep asking questions and you will eventually get your answer you need.

Jim S.

Mary, I think it is wonderful your hubby finally got approved. One day I hope to post here with a successstory also. Enjoy life for as far as I know we only have one chance.

Just wanted everyone know my husband got the news last week they made him P&T. No more exams, and I did get the educational benfit also. Also the medical from ChampVa. This is so great . I have been staying at home taking care of my husband and did not have health insurance. He is 70% P&T. This may sound silly but should I do a NOD and try to get him up to100% which he really is , or not put myself through more paperwork. I am also trying to S/C alot of his health problems with his PTSD. So this is why I am asking about 70% or try for the 100%. Hope this makes sense to all , we are very happy.Mary&Greg

[/quoteYes Jim he is IU ,and now he is P&T But should I try to get him to the 100% ?

• HadIt.com Elder

Lady:

Seems to me like you have all that you need with full benefits. Remember that full 100% without TDIU requires a very high threshold.