Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

10year 20 Year Rule

Rate this topic

calnight

• HadIt.com Elder

Well in actually most ratings are protected once you get them. Occasionally I see a Veteran's rating attacked but it is really sledom that they are lowered.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Robert

I am thinking this thing about calling you in for re-evaluation may be a mistake. Have you gone to the VA Regional office to ask face to face with someone? If you are P&T and over 55 it just does not make sense to call you in for re-exam when you are IU. By this token they can call everyone of us back in and re-evaluate us. It just does not sound right to me and maybe just a VA screwup. You are over 55 and been out of the work force for years then you are most likely unemployable even if you had no disability. The only other thing I can think of is that this is the VA screwing with PTSD vets like they said they would not do. You know the VA is petrified that they are going to have thousands of young vets from Iraq with PTSD and have to pay them for 60 years but that is not you. You got any AO disabilities. I got five since I was made IU and I am going to keep getting them since the VA is messing with us P&T vets from what your situations seems to be saying. I put in for two extra AO disabilities from my DMII. Messing with P&T vets is a good way to make their conditions worse. Have you spoken to your congressman. This is one good reason to keep going to the VA and documenting your disabilities. Your situation concerns all of us and you are not alone.

• HadIt.com Elder
I am over 55 am 70 IU PT back to 1999 and was granted Pt because i had 5 years of no improvment and i am being asked to take another look at my PTSD to see if maybe they rated it to high... So i guess to pay for the war in Iraq the US has to screw someone why not US ,,, if you watch your pennies soon the dollars will follow..

I'd call the C&P scheduling office and ask what's up. You're 55yo or older, stabilized w/no improvement in 5 yrs and P&T. Shouldn't be scheduled for another. You also fall into the 1999-2005 catagory, which is the vets they were going to review. Just check w/the C&P office. The only way to reduce you is to call a CUE on themselves or if all the evidence of record shows sustained improvement in the disability. Additionally, I believe w/TDIU they must actually show you could work, not just surmise it. Anyway, not to worry - you're safe. jmo

pr

I'd call the C&P scheduling office and ask what's up. You're 55yo or older, stabilized w/no improvement in 5 yrs and P&T. Shouldn't be scheduled for another. You also fall into the 1999-2005 catagory, which is the vets they were going to review. Just check w/the C&P office. The only way to reduce you is to call a CUE on themselves or if all the evidence of record shows sustained improvement in the disability. Additionally, I believe w/TDIU they must actually show you could work, not just surmise it. Anyway, not to worry - you're safe. jmo

pr

i have looked at my records and found maybe what they are looking at to try to rip me off of course... when i asked for PT in 2004 it was granted based on a reg. that says it can be granted if the vet has 5 years of no or little improvement,,, well i looked close at the grant for PT and the rater says... We granted PT with no further exams based on blank blank 5 years with no improvement , while you seem to get better for a short time according to your records this improvement does not seem to last... well tech.. it was NOT 5 years but 4 years and 10 months and 18 days .. so maybe they are saying hey he should not get PT he did not have the 5 full years in... at any rate i received another letter saying a CP has been arranged for you so we can see if you are rated properly for your disability ... PTSD

• HadIt.com Elder
i have looked at my records and found maybe what they are looking at to try to rip me off of course... when i asked for PT in 2004 it was granted based on a reg. that says it can be granted if the vet has 5 years of no or little improvement,,, well i looked close at the grant for PT and the rater says... We granted PT with no further exams based on blank blank 5 years with no improvement , while you seem to get better for a short time according to your records this improvement does not seem to last... well tech.. it was NOT 5 years but 4 years and 10 months and 18 days .. so maybe they are saying hey he should not get PT he did not have the 5 full years in... at any rate i received another letter saying a CP has been arranged for you so we can see if you are rated properly for your disability ... PTSD

Not to worry. The 55 or over rule kicks in. Althought it sounds like you may be part of that "review" that the VA decided it was discontinuing. Sounds like they are up to no good. Call the C&P office and explain your situation about P&T, 5 yrs and over 55yo. They may cancel it. jmo

pr