VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just reached 1 year since my NOD. Is a conclusion in the near future?

Rate this question

Mawm

Question

Hello all. This is my first time posting on a forum about this so please go easy on me if leave anything out. I filed my IU claim 4/18 and during my c&p exam the dr decided to report that my gerd had gotten better (mind you I’ve never said this to anyone. Not even privately in my thoughts but I digress) this dropped my rating from 60% to 30% making my total go from 80% to 70%. The Atlanta Va received my NOD on 12/7/18 and I chose a DRO review. I went to my first c&p appeal exam 4/18. Around October I noticed the DRO had opened a second appeal for me. This one was for limited functionality of my R knee. This was information that I had written about in my nod but was added 10 months later. Anywho. I more recently had the c&p exam for the second appeal. For anyone who has successfully closed an appeal with the Atlanta Va what was your general time line? I haven’t had my informal interview yet but I made sure they have my current information. Or are others waiting just as long/longer than me. 

A course you didn't want to be told to find a hobby. And we all acted the same way you did, when we first started the process too. But Hadit is the strategy guide that is not giving to you by the VA or the other vet site--for a reason. They want you to fail.

The BVA says it will be 5 to 5.5 years for your appeal. The BVA is the Board where most appeals head to. We tell you to find a hobby because there are 150K vets in front of you waiting and put in their claims years ago. I too was expecting things like ordering a pizza and getting it 30 minutes later. This is why we're telling you to find a hobby because its a long ass wait. 5.5 years is like going through highschool and then some. 

Your claim got denied just like mine because I pretty much submitted a blank sheet with my name on it. While it should have been a book report. You will learn these things from this site, unlike the other vet site, prior to this site you/I/others here were unknowning how terrible the process is. There are clues though out history that describes the VA.

1984 Bruce Springsteens catchy song Born In The USA, the lyrics really describes a part of the VA picture.

Nintendo created the NES and the video game Legend of Zelda was more than simply a video game. The story behind it, the Japanese shared with the world how the real world actually how it operates. In the game, the Hungry Goriya,  even tells you "Grumble Grumble" meaning you have to go find food (IMO) to pass that certain point in the game. 

grumble100607.jpg&client=amp-blogside-v2

It’s really brain racking to have never done something and also having a hard time finding any good info on your issue

We learned by reading here, even if it wasn't my issue the process is the process. So like Legend of Zelda, there are 9 levels to the VA. You can read why I am at between Level 7 and 8 right now.

Welcome to Hadit.