VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just reached 1 year since my NOD. Is a conclusion in the near future?

Rate this question

Mawm

Question

Hello all. This is my first time posting on a forum about this so please go easy on me if leave anything out. I filed my IU claim 4/18 and during my c&p exam the dr decided to report that my gerd had gotten better (mind you I’ve never said this to anyone. Not even privately in my thoughts but I digress) this dropped my rating from 60% to 30% making my total go from 80% to 70%. The Atlanta Va received my NOD on 12/7/18 and I chose a DRO review. I went to my first c&p appeal exam 4/18. Around October I noticed the DRO had opened a second appeal for me. This one was for limited functionality of my R knee. This was information that I had written about in my nod but was added 10 months later. Anywho. I more recently had the c&p exam for the second appeal. For anyone who has successfully closed an appeal with the Atlanta Va what was your general time line? I haven’t had my informal interview yet but I made sure they have my current information. Or are others waiting just as long/longer than me. 

Nowadays the VARO (Atlanta) does not matter.  All claims are put into a National Work Que (NWQ) and processed (supposedly) in order, nation wide by the next available VARo RATER FROM WHEREEVER.    its supposed to be more efficient.  

VA is "supposed" to be completing claims in under 125 days average.  

But, according to Shinseki (former VAsec), there will be no more homeless Veterans after 2012, either.  Ooops, I think there are still homeless Vets.  So, whether or not your claim will get done in 125 days, or less, or 50 years like some have waited, we dont know.  

I do know I am currently in appeals for a claim began in 2002.  In fairness, they denied it a second time in 2008, so its not quite 17 years, my claim is a "mere" 11 years old.  

Its possible I could get a successful BVA award this year, but 2020 is more likely.  Even if I get a favorable BVA decision tommorrow, chances are not great I will see money before Christmas.  You see, a BVA appeal has to be "implemented" by the VARO, which requires a decision.  If yours is a DRO, then you dont need an implementation decision, however, many DRO decisions also get denied.  I did have a favorable DRO decision, tho, in 2009. 

In summary, I can not guarantee WHEN VA will complete your claim but I can tell you when they WONT complete it:

They wont complete your claim "one second" before they want to.  

Bronco appears to be down today but everything he says is true, unfortunately.

My NOD is at one year also and I think it will bypass the posted expected completion time of two years.  It almost looks like the VA is punishing us for remaining in the legacy format.

You need to find a hobby instead of checking your status, the VA will get around to your appeal when they are darned good and ready.

26 minutes ago, vetquest said:

Bronco appears to be down today but everything he says is true, unfortunately.

My NOD is at one year also and I think it will bypass the posted expected completion time of two years.  It almost looks like the VA is punishing us for remaining in the legacy format.

You need to find a hobby instead of checking your status, the VA will get around to your appeal when they are darned good and ready.

1 hour ago, broncovet said:

Nowadays the VARO (Atlanta) does not matter.  All claims are put into a National Work Que (NWQ) and processed (supposedly) in order, nation wide by the next available VARo RATER FROM WHEREEVER.    its supposed to be more efficient.  

VA is "supposed" to be completing claims in under 125 days average.  

But, according to Shinseki (former VAsec), there will be no more homeless Veterans after 2012, either.  Ooops, I think there are still homeless Vets.  So, whether or not your claim will get done in 125 days, or less, or 50 years like some have waited, we dont know.  

I do know I am currently in appeals for a claim began in 2002.  In fairness, they denied it a second time in 2008, so its not quite 17 years, my claim is a "mere" 11 years old.  

Its possible I could get a successful BVA award this year, but 2020 is more likely.  Even if I get a favorable BVA decision tommorrow, chances are not great I will see money before Christmas.  You see, a BVA appeal has to be "implemented" by the VARO, which requires a decision.  If yours is a DRO, then you dont need an implementation decision, however, many DRO decisions also get denied.  I did have a favorable DRO decision, tho, in 2009. 

In summary, I can not guarantee WHEN VA will complete your claim but I can tell you when they WONT complete it:

Thanks so much. I’ve never dealt with an appeal and I don’t have many vets around me to personally discuss this issue with. Really just wanted to mentally prepare myself for the long haul if that’s what it truly is. 

Like Vetquest said find a hobby. I no longer check ebennies/va.gov. I called Peggy last week and they said my letter was sent out on Nov 29th, so I should get it this week. Peggy didn't tell me what it said nor did I asked. So I am just waiting for it and not getting excited about it since I'm waiting for other claims that have been filed.

19 minutes ago, Oceanbound said:

Like Vetquest said find a hobby. I no longer check ebennies/va.gov. I called Peggy last week and they said my letter was sent out on Nov 29th, so I should get it this week. Peggy didn't tell me what it said nor did I asked. So I am just waiting for it and not getting excited about it since I'm waiting for other claims that have been filed.

Why is it necessary to even add the “get a hobby” smart ass remark. Answer the question or don’t but please save the sarcasm. I’m looking for help not criticism.