Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal

Rate this question

Mojo

Question

During your appeal timeframe[1 year],can you file a new claim for the same disability ?

I went to my lawyer to prep for the upcoming video conference. It appears that a regional officer  that contacted me by phone filed a new

appeal disability claim for the same problems,even though I filed an appeal earlier that year ,

The claims were approved,and it put me at 100 percent but the effective date was changed to 2015 instead of 2000.

can they legally do this?

Quick question for you, what was the timeline between when you filed for appeal to when you got your video hearing?

It's been about a year that I've been waiting for mine, granted that it's "mixed results" on the "when" you'll see a judge.

The BVA site seems to be posting a bit of a slow-down on the appeal processing rate...

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice.

You're never out of the fight.

Semper Fidelis

AWGv001

My appeal has been remanded for 15 year.

the latest appeal was entered into the system in Aug 2015 and it's under the legacy appeal. The President signed the new Rapid Appeals Modernization Program 

in 2017 but it went into effect February 2019. Not sure which system your appeal is in but whichever it is, I hope it goes faster than mine. Good Luck !

Broncovet, during my video conference the judge advised my lawyer to submit new evidence that shows  the V.A knew about these 

medical problems prior to 2015. My lawyer is submitting operative notes,from 1985,rehab notes from 1985 ,also medical  records that have built up over

the years,  that hopefully show they knew this issue from the start of the appeal. we'll see how long this takes .

Broncovet

,My lawyer said at least we still have our heads above water.

We'll submit all the paperwork we have and we'll go from there !

The effective date is when they received the claim on this issue

which would be 2000 !

Edited by Mojo
Forgot to adress part of question