VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

CUE turned into an Appeal now SOC

Rate this question

paulstrgn

Question

I am confused as always by the VA decision. Long story short I filed a CUE, it took several tries to get them to accept it. On 1/7/2020 the VA sent me a SOC (redacted copy attached) which confuses me. In the CUE I had stated the VA failed to read all of the DBQ completed by LHI for a increase for my hand. They originally left the hand at the same rating (10% for thumb) and 0% for the other fingers. The original DBQ showed that because of the limitation of my index finger I should have also been given a 10% rating for it as well.

According to the SOC the VA agreed with me and gave me 10% for the index finger and also 10% for my long finger (I did not expect this). I now have three ratings of 10% each for my thumb, index finger, and long finger (I also received the max of 0% for the other two fingers).

I am confused that according to VA.gov my claim is still open because they could not completly grant my appeal. Now I did ask for the highest possible rating as well as stating I may qualify for SMC K for loss of use of my right hand (I always add statements such as these just in case I may actually qualify for them.

It what I concerned about with the SOC I may be over looking something very important, I am satisfied with the rating of my right hand at this time. 

Attached is a copy of the SOC, screen shot from VA.gov, and a copy of my CUE (may not be the best written but I believein keeping them short).

Please look at them if you have time and let me know if I am missing something that I need to file an appeal for, at this time I do not plan on filing anything with the BVA.

Thanks in advance.

SOC and Decision 1-7-2020.pdf Track Claims_ Hand_VA Website.pdf Clear and Unmistakable Error by the VA - copy.docx

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

That is very promising!