Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filing A Claim For Mirgrains

Rate this question

Bound4heaven

Question

Greetings,

I am filing a claim for migraines. I am currently receiving tratement from my primary va doctor over the past year. I get them 4-7 times a month and they lasy anywhere from 3-6 hrs and I must be in a dark room. I was perscribe 5mg Zomig but they little to no effect.

I am rated a 100% P&T with SMC. I have many bcak related issues and the migraines didn't get as bad and frequent until my primary service conditions worsened.

Can anyone help me with advice on how to present this in a claim and CFR references. I have looked and I cannot find the CFR on migraines. I do thank you all.

God bless.

Bound4Heaven

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Bound,

What is the nexus of your headaches from the doctor ?

carlie

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-....72&idno=38

Miscellaneous Diseases

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rating

------------------------------------------------------------------------

8100 Migraine:

With very frequent completely prostrating and prolonged 50

attacks productive of severe economic inadaptability.........

With characteristic prostrating attacks occurring on an 30

average once a month over last several months................

With characteristic prostrating attacks averaging one in 2 10

months over last several months..............................

With less frequent attacks.................................... 0

8103 Tic, convulsive:

Severe........................................................ 30

Moderate...................................................... 10

Mild.......................................................... 0

Note: Depending upon frequency, severity, muscle groups

involved.

Edited by carlie

Carlie,

Thank you for your response. My primary VA doctor has not given his opinion as to the nexus. I just told him during my regular 6 month check up over a year ago that I was expirencing migraines and that it was getting worse in severity and getting them more frequenty. He just said ok and perscribed Zomig. During my last C&P I was dignosed with right shoulder, left shoulder, upperback Mayofacial strain and a central neurological syndrome of unclear etiology. I have numerous bcak conditions and loss of use both feet.

What would anyone suggest as far as a plan of attck? Thank you and God bless.

Bound4Heaven

i am in the same boat i too do suffer from severe migranes i get them almost everyday ever since i got out of the arng which was more than 25 rys ago i am getting ssd for them because they keep

me from working plus i do have a back condition that occured in the arng. i have been on all the drugs out there even rx ones. i also get 100% ssd.

• HadIt.com Elder

I am rated 30 % for migraines. I was awarded last year based on the fact that they occurred in service as well as were Written as secondary to cervical spondylosis. As well as Tension headaches related to HTN. All you need is for a Doctor to nexus the Headaches to some service conected condition or Direct SC if in service medical record.

Bound4Heaven,

Are you not being treated at the VA neurology clinic already? That is where you need to be treated for you headaches.

Do you have anything in your SMR's that showed treatment of the migraines?

Since you have stated "I am rated a 100% P&T with SMC. I have many bcak related issues and the migraines didn't get as bad and frequent until my primary service conditions worsened." I don't know really what you can accomplish by having vascular headaches added to your SC disabilities since your rated at 100% SC with SMC, albeit from other medica disabilities, I don't see what you can gain by having the migraines added to the SC.

Wishing you the best!

Boondoc