VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA.gov updated today - SOC couldn’t fully grant your appeal.

Rate this question

dloehr22

Question

Hello everyone. This is my first post. I have a 90% rating (94% according to VA Math) for back, knees, ptsd, broken foot, tinitus, migraines, etc. I have an appeal with 11 things on it. Its for increases and earlier effective dates, not necessarily anything new. I filed a NOD. I then had some exams. I now got onto VA.GOV and saw that as of 2/28/2020 they sent a statement of case that says:

"The Statement of the Case explains the reasons why they couldn’t fully grant your appeal."

My question is this : Does this mean that something may have been granted since it said "couldn't FULLY grant" instead of saying couldnt grant it all together? Sorry if this is a recurring question on here. Any advice would be so appreciated. I check my award letter, and my disabilities tab and all of them say the same thing so I didnt know whether to be numbed out or not. I only need 10% increase on any given thing to get over the 100% hump. And according to my exams and what I have researched, it should be granted... but I try not to get my hopes up :(. Thanks everyone. 

Edited by dloehr22
Typo and adding VA Math

On 3/2/2020 at 8:00 PM, dloehr22 said:

Sorry for the confusion. I am 94% disabled and have a bilateral factor of 5.3 or something like that. (VA MATH) ... I just need 10% to bump to 100% overall. I’ve used the calculators to do it. 

My question is more about what that letter can entail... is it sometimes a partial grant and partial denial and if so anyone have experience with it. Thanks! 

So, another 10% will bump you from 94% to at least 95%?