Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Upcoming Migraine C&P exam

Rate this question

AllTheWay

Question

Greetings Hadit  family,

I am not sure as if my question had been ask before but I can not find it anywhere in the forum. I do apologize in advance if it has been answered.  

I had in the past had applied for migraines secondary to tinnitus and of course was denied. The examiner ( Neuro) did diagnosed and wrote up a good report until the opine and rationale portion of the dbq.

I have went another route trying to get my diagnosed migraines service connected. I have did a new FDC claim for migraines and also stated migraines secondary to other serviced connected disabilities such as PTSD.

I do have an event or injury that happened while in service. I do have a diagnosis. I am missing number 3. I have received a phone call from LHI for a C&P exam. I am being seen by a Nurse Practitioner. Shouldn't this exam be conducted by a Neuro?

I had the exam today 10 Mar 2020. I do not think it went very well from the Nurse Practitioner. He basically stated that I had no complaints about migraines until a couple of years ago. He really said he couldn't find a case.  I had claimed it secondary to PTSD and also showed him the reg on how a serviced connected disability could create another disability. He then stated that he doesn't believe that my headaches are migraines, sounds more like cluster headaches. Basically giving me a bunch of B.S. I will just wait on the AV8 and go from there. I do have a lawyer from Veterans Law Group and I am sure that they would like to battle this one too.