VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Your regulatory or procedural review – Received October 18, 2018 has been closed

Rate this question

pla2wen

Question

My claim was denied on May 1st, 2020, for PTSD because the diagnosis had not been entered into my chart.

May 21st, 2020, I submitted a Supplemental Claim after the diagnosis was entered into my chart.

On June 1st, 2020, the Supplemental Claim appeared on my va.gov site along with,  "Claim for regulatory or procedural review" "Submitted on: October 18, 2018".

On June 5th, 2020, the message was, " Claim for regulatory or procedural review updated on June 5, 2020, Status: Closed"

It states a decision letter has been sent and to check my e benefits site for my rating, which there was no change, which I did not expect because, I'm scheduled for my second C&P video exam on June 10th, 2020.

My question is: What is your interpretation of what happened concerning the, "Claim for Regulatory or Procedural review, and, why do I need to do another C&P exam when I just did one earlier in May?"

Thank you,

Pla2wen

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

My thinking is that if your dianosis is now in the record, it will be part of your evidence for the coming up C&P exam. If your symptoms as shown by your diagnosis from May 1st show you should get an approval, that of course would be favorable. Your claim apparently was submitted Oct 18, 2018. So, that is how your claim is identified "Oct. 18, 2018."If we have an open claim, we can submit additional evidence right up to the time they make the decision. ( Submitting data late will certainly result in a delay in the decision, but sometimes we have to do it.) As to why there is another C&P exam, it could be for several reasons. There could have been something not noted on the the first C&P exam and the second is done to provide that info. The examiner has to address the "new" evidence from your diagnosis, and that certainly may be the reason. The VA often makes mistakes, but it is better for them to discover them and take steps to correct. Hopefully you will have a favorable results with you new C&P. I wish you well.

The exam may well have been inadequate or incomplete.  The VA tells the examiner what they need, but, like others, docs dont always comply.  So it may have to be redone.  Dont worry about it, it wasnt your fault.  

Some examples of inadequate exams:

1.  The etiology was not given.  

2.  They symptoms were not documented. 

3.  The examiner failed to review the records and so state.  

And lots of other stuff, too.  

Edited by broncovet