Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Qestion For Berta

Rate this question

frosty69

Question

BERTA:

My post from the other day, that I started, asking about Agoraphobia & Anxiety, that the VA rated me for, and included in my PTSD award, and made me 100% scheduler, you were wondering how did the VA consider me for SMC. They didn't, I didn't know anything about housebound/aid & attendance, until I read about it on Hadit, so I filed for them both on October 31, 2004, and so far, haven't heard boo about it. I have called in several times, but all the VA says is they are working on it, but almost a year now, no C&P exam or nothing, I think they are jerking me around again. One other question is, are you eligible for SMC when you are TDIU P&T, or do you have to be 100% scheduler? Terry Higgins mentioned something about CUE, in my posting, I don't know, if he was referring to my question, or something else, and how does a person, file a appeal that goes directly to the BVA, bypassing the VARO BS review again, as I have several cases, that date back to the 70's, that I think will get denied again, as most of my in-service medical files are missing and I can't prove certain injuries and illnesses while in the Army. I feel it will be easier to explain to the BVA, then to ne jerked around by my local VARO again.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Frosty- I am assuming that you filed an NOD on the 100% schedular award for the SMC?

Or was this a re-opened claim?

In any event- do you have a vet rep? what did he'she say about this?

If not I suggest you go to the BVA web site, click on the Comp and Pension Icon- go to the Contact US query page,click on your state, then

click on Service Complaint

Put Attention VSM of your VARO and tell them what you stated here-

and that you are concerned as to the actual status of your claim.

You can ask for phone call reply but I always suggest written or emailed reply so you have hard copy proof of what they say-

I know of no way you could possibly by pass the VARO and go directly to the BVA on this. I see no CUE potential either.

By the way do you get Social Security Disability?

If so most likely the SSA might well have more service records on you then the VA has.

Also have you filed out a SF 180 yourself? to get your service records-

If the VA tells any vet they cant get their service medical or personnel records, I never believe the VA.

Go to http://www.archives.gov/ (If SSA doesnt have those records)

and click on evetrecs and then follow their instructions

or- I will attach the SF 180 and you can apply for those records off line.

BERTA:

My post from the other day, that I started, asking about Agoraphobia & Anxiety, that the VA rated me for, and included in my PTSD award, and made me 100% scheduler, you were wondering how did the VA consider me for SMC. They didn't, I didn't know anything about housebound/aid & attendance, until I read about it on Hadit, so I filed for them both on October 31, 2004, and so far, haven't heard boo about it. I have called in several times, but all the VA says is they are working on it, but almost a year now, no C&P exam or nothing, I think they are jerking me around again. One other question is, are you eligible for SMC when you are TDIU P&T, or do you have to be 100% scheduler? Terry Higgins mentioned something about CUE, in my posting, I don't know, if he was referring to my question, or something else, and how does a person, file a appeal that goes directly to the BVA, bypassing the VARO BS review again, as I have several cases, that date back to the 70's, that I think will get denied again, as most of my in-service medical files are missing and I can't prove certain injuries and illnesses while in the Army. I feel it will be easier to explain to the BVA, then to ne jerked around by my local VARO again.

OOOPs I forgot I cant attach a file to the fast reply-

SF 180 attached here

standard_form_180.pdf

Frosty- I am assuming that you filed an NOD on the 100% schedular award for the SMC?

Or was this a re-opened claim?

In any event- do you have a vet rep? what did he'she say about this?

If not I suggest you go to the BVA web site, click on the Comp and Pension Icon- go to the Contact US query page,click on your state, then

click on Service Complaint

Put Attention VSM of your VARO and tell them what you stated here-

and that you are concerned as to the actual status of your claim.

You can ask for phone call reply but I always suggest written or emailed reply so you have hard copy proof of what they say-

I know of no way you could possibly by pass the VARO and go directly to the BVA on this. I see no CUE potential either.

By the way do you get Social Security Disability?

If so most likely the SSA might well have more service records on you then the VA has.

Also have you filed out a SF 180 yourself? to get your service records-

If the VA tells any vet they cant get their service medical or personnel records, I never believe the VA.

Go to http://www.archives.gov/ (If SSA doesnt have those records)

and click on evetrecs and then follow their instructions

or- I will attach the SF 180 and you can apply for those records off line.

OOOPs I forgot I cant attach a file to the fast reply-

SF 180 attached here

Berta:

this is all I wrote asking for A&A/Housebound, probably didn't do it right, but the way the VARO acted when I contacted them, that they were working on it, so have to wait and see.

October 31, 2004

VA File Number

To Whom It May Concern:

I want to file for SI 00830.308 VA Aid and Attendance, and for Housebound Allowances.

No, don't have a vet rep, the one I had quit, couldn't take it anymore, and there are not anymore that i trust, as i have use a few of them over the years. I got my 100% scheduler by mysel

Yes get SSDI, THEY FOUND me disabled back to September 1996.

I have filed the SF 180, at least a dozen times, and they tell me my local VARO, has my in-service medical files, I went in their about a month ago, and all their is, is one of my pre-induction physical reports from 1967, the one I passed, after flunking 2 others in 1964 & 1966 for flat feet and back problems, a few shot records, and most of the medical files during basic training, I don't have any medical files after basic, including the year spent in Vietnam. Thinking back I can't remeber if the records were sent home with us from vietnam, or did the Army send them, as after vitnam, i went to fort lewis, and got a early out, as after the 30 day leave, I had coming, only had 15 days left in the service, so they let me out early. I had both of my senators check out for my medical files, and they got the same answer that I did, all my records are missing, except for the ones, I mentioned, so don't know what more I can do.

• HadIt.com Elder

Frosty

I know a vet who got housebound for agoraphobia, so it is possible since you are already 100%. Pete Sawyer and me are going to file for it one day.

• HadIt.com Elder

John is right one day I will file for it but not this week.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.