VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal Nearing the end (Appears to be Good News)

Rate this question

MKAH

Question

Hi everyone,

I just looked at VA.gov and this is what I see:

Appeal received September 2016
Up to date as of July 11, 2020, at 9:00 a.m. ET

Status
Closed
Granted
Service connection, Post-traumatic stress disorder

The Veterans Benefits Administration granted your appeal
The Veterans Benefits Administration agreed with you and decided to overturn the original decision. If this decision changes your disability rating or eligibility for VA benefits, you should see this change made in 1 to 2 months.

This appeal is now closed

However Ebenefits appears to not yet been updated as see below.

You have a 80% final degree of disability.
Rated Disabilities
Disability Rating Decision Related To Effective Date
tinnitus 10% Service Connected 03/08/2011
migraines (previously addressed as headaches)

50% Service Connected 08/01/2017
bilateral hearing loss 50% Service Connected 02/11/2016
sleep condition Not Service Connected

post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) Not Service Connected
PTSD - Personal Trauma

I would expect that should happen soon and I will then be able to view the new percentage?

Words of encouragement. You still have the right to appeal. Since you already/still meet the TDIU criteria, I am quite sure that your attorney has it well in hand.  About ten years ago when the BVA remanded my claim I thought my fight would be over soon. The VARO continued to deny my claim and sent my claim back to BVA.  The BVA judge that remanded my claim then decided to deny my claim also. My VSO at the time told me I had no claim and I should quit before VA look into my other claims and reduce my ratings. I did the only thing I could do and fired him and his organization. I hired a lawyer and filed a claim to CAVC.  When my claim got to CAVC my lawyer and VA lawyers filed a joint remand and when my claim went back to BVA, this time the BVA granted my claim. You can still win, don't give up.

39 minutes ago, pacmanx1 said:

Words of encouragement. You still have the right to appeal. Since you already/still meet the TDIU criteria, I am quite sure that your attorney has it well in hand.  About ten years ago when the BVA remanded my claim I thought my fight would be over soon. The VARO continued to deny my claim and sent my claim back to BVA.  The BVA judge that remanded my claim then decided to deny my claim also. My VSO at the time told me I had no claim and I should quit before VA look into my other claims and reduce my ratings. I did the only thing I could do and fired him and his organization. I hired a lawyer and filed a claim to CAVC.  When my claim got to CAVC my lawyer and VA lawyers filed a joint remand and when my claim went back to BVA, this time the BVA granted my claim. You can still win, don't give up.

Thanks you sir, your advice is noted and greatly appreciated. 

Yesterday I was pretty down in the dumps but after I heard from several Hadit members and my lawyer, I am reinvigorated to continue this fight to the end.  I have excellent friends, legal representation and I now service connection for PTSD, so I consider myself more fortunate that many other deserving Veterans.

Until now, I thought the term; delay and deny, until they all die” was largely exaggerated and that the VA would ultimately do the correct, legal and right thing.  But as I crawl thru this broken system year after year,  I now fully understand the relevance of that term.