Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Warning Look Out!

Rate this question

Arch

Question

I was called by a Mr. Kevin Davenport this evening who obviously knew my SSN and was "acting as an agent" for the Soc Sec admin. They were calling from a firm who was going to answer any questions concerning the forms I recently submitted on prescription drug coverage? Only thing is I never filed any such forms but they had all my info, I did not confirm or deny anything I suggest you do the same, I use the VA pharmacy not the civ. drug dispensers as you probably do too :(

I used Star 69 which ID'S the last caller heres what I got: MCS Pearson West ent. 866-870-7734

I would be suspicious until we find out otherwise, personaly I never answer cold solicitations!!! :(

Arch

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

The latest AARP Bulletin says the con artists are starting to call and try to get peole to sign up for their drug programs,the article also says to repot scams to medicare.

den

I Called Medicare today and reported the call. They said it is possible that they are a contractor? For Social security, Do you remember "Long distance carrier slamming"

I think this may become a problem with this new bogus benefit! :( Im still suspicious of

these calls after the evening meal :( They took my info and said that If I get a deduction for drug card benefits they will re-imburse me the whole amount as It shows "None" for program selected. :(

Arch

I am on the National No call and also the NY state's No call list- it prevents salesmen and just about anyone else from calling you and interrupting what you are doing -besides that- some company scammed me out of some money and the Attorney General got my money back-that is when I went onto these lists.

I never would give out any info by phone to a stranger and many years ago when two men came to my home asking about my social security benefits I reported them to the FBI and an agent interviewed me-there had been a big SSA scam in my neighborhood -I lived in a city then.

No one should have your SSA number and they sure shouldn't be offering something that doesn't sound right. There are so many email scams pretneding they are paypal or ebay or amazon and need to check your account numbers that I imagine it is getting easier for scam artists to get SSA #s.

I never advise veterans to reqister their DD 214s at county offices anymore.

Another potential way you can be scammed.

Guest allanopie

Hello Berta,

There are so many email scams pretneding they are paypal or ebay or amazon and need to check your account numbers?

You can add peoplepc to that list. I got one claiming to be from my ISP account with peoplepc.com, explaining how there was something wrong with my ISP account information. When you click on the link, you are redirected to a site requesting all your personal info, including SSA # & credit card info.

I recieve 5 to 10 virus zip files, from people I don't know, "Daily".

• HadIt.com Elder

I never tell a caller, especially someone that I do not know, anything over the telephone that I would not tell a stranger that walked up to me on the street. Think about it...............................