Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Varo Called (important)

Rate this question

Cavman

Question

First I want to thank many of you from the bottom of my heart for your encouragement and compassion last week when I received a denial for an appeal I never filed. I feared my real appeal had been lost and I was sent that wrong one. I sent a letter right away certified one day mail explaining their error and my depression over it.

A very nice lady called me today from the VARO and said they received the letter and apologized for the denial letter concerning an appeal I never filed. She said my PTSD appeal for 100% (from 50%) was there and had been decided February 7th (last week). She said it hadn`t been put in the system and probably would be in the system in about a week. She then stated that they appreciated my service and could see by my service record that I had gone thru quite a lot and that a favorable decision had been reached.

Could I get your thoughts? I know its basically a guess. I do feel alot better though. I`m wondering is it 60, 70, 70 w/IU or 100% P & T.

Cavman

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Cavman-as much as I gripe about the VA- if I wrote a book about the bad things at VA and then another book about the good things about VA-

The Good things book would be much larger than the other bad VA one-

I am glad you were treated with respect and that your concerns brought you an answer as to the appeal-

I would think they took you up to 70%-that sure sets the stage for TDIU and they would have to tell you exactly why they did not award TDIU at this time-

then again- maybe the VA did the right thing-

and -as long as your evidence supports it- maybe TDIU is the award.

It is so hard for us to predict anything they will award- I dont see 60% -at least 70% would make more sense-

in any event- you can NOD anything that you feel is not the highest rating you deserve (by medical evidence).

Your waiting is almost over and thank God it looks like you will get the decision soon- and some retro.

This is wonderful news.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Cavman I have always heard it is darkest before dawn. I am truly happy for you.

If you filed for iu at 50%, and got a favorable decision, I don't see how it could be anything else. Hopefully your battle is over.

Our claims are so near alike, it is an incourgement to me.

I wanted to tell you to hang in there last week but GOD didn't bless me with words. I too think you for your sercice, and GODs speed.

Guest rickb54

Caveman,

I hope you get what you asked for. I know waiting is hard.

Our opinion on what the VA employee might have ment would just be a guess.. because there is no way we can really know.

I am rooting for you.

Best of luck

• HadIt.com Elder

Caveman

I have a feeling you got your 70% or 100% from the attitude of the VA employee and what she said. Start checking your bank account. Sometimes you get the money before the letter. I just think this is going to work out for you soon. The usually go from 50% to 70% to 100%.

I have to agree with Berta 100% about the VA.

A lot of the things they do seems sorts of moronic or just spiteful or whatever.

Maybe a Rater had a bad day so U get a bad decision

But, if one persists & doesn't quit things usually come out rather well.

One has to admit a lot of the claims are down right dumb & the person writing it is just trying to get a few bucks but realises he/she has almost no chance to prevail.

This may be, just guessing, the hostility on the part of some of the raters.

& then some of the raters would make GW look smart. lol

GARY

They read ignorant claims & then start to thinking they are all like that.

gdsnide

I think Gary stated it very well. These guys and gals working at the VA, most are disabled vets just like us, started out loving their job. However, over the years, the politics of the system made them feel they were working in some sweat shop across the border. Then we as vets tried to push the envlope to far sometimes with far out claims. They in the begining really went over the claims trying to support the vet, but like I said they were simply beat down by the management within the system. You know the ole "do more with less" syndrome that the boss supported cause he had his nose so far up his boss's butt simply trying to get that yearly bonus. Then when they had to deny the far out claim we went back and beat the hell out of them with words, such as worthless, incompentent, lazy etc....... so most of them simply said to hell with all of you, you are just trying to get a handout and they just started mass producing the claims. The only problem is that eventhough they went into this mass production mode, we simply appealed all of the far out claims and submitted more only to clutter up the system. In the end we all lost as it takes sometimes 2 years to get a simple one issue 20 percent disability claim approved. JMHO