Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Property Taxes

Rate this question

JohnM

Question

This was posted a while back but can not seem to find it. How do I find what states pay property taxes for VA Veterans that are P & T ?

The state of Wisconsin reinburses you but you must be 65 and I would like make mention to this to our Wisconsin Rep.'s if possibly checking into changing this.

Thanks in advance.

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Tennessee has no property tax for 100% SCHEDULAR disabled vets, TDIU doesnt count...even if T&P

No wheel tax or registration fee for 2 vehicles 100% TDIU or Schedular

1 time $10 all game hunting/fishing/whatever lifetime license - plus eligable for a "special" hunts as well as hunts restricted to game preserves

...... ummm I THINK theres a special provision under TennCARE for medical, but I have to check...

oh, and we dont have a state income tax, but do have a 9.25% sales tax on most stuff, but its deductable on your federal return...

Edited by sixthscents

Bob Smith

Its very difficult to figure out Michigan`s benefits. The website is as screwed up as the state. Does anyone from Michigan know the benefits? It would be really nice if we had every states benefits listed.

Cavman

Texas State Senator John Carona is the sponsor of a bill (SB666) that would allow 100$ disabled vets to be completely exempt from ad valorem taxes on their homestead.

James

Edited by jdawg

• HadIt.com Elder

God Bless him that would be much needed relief. My Property Taxes were over 3000 this year.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Pete,

When Chuckles and I moved to Texas this year, the assesors office told us the same as you. You can file a homestead, then a freeze on the property tax bill for our county tax and the school tax for being on SSDI and then also the $12000 reduction in the property tax assesment for VA 100% P&T. It is a nice break on the taxes and as property values go up the tax rate will stay the same as long as the house is our primary residence.

Jangrin

I sold a home in Dec. and had to pay the taxes on it for the buyer. I did not understand this but when we closed I was told since I was exempt thru the VA for the year someone had to pay the taxes. I gave them 1800.00.

When do we get the form from the va showing that we are 100%p&t and we can send this form into the tax people. I can not remember when we normally receive this.