VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has anyone notice that BVA appeals are moving backwards?

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

I noticed that BVA currently reviewing appeals are moving backwards. At one time it was August 2017 then June 2017 then May 2017 and now April 2017. Am I the only one that noticed this or is it just me?

The Board is currently reviewing appeals from April 2017 or older.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
On 8/30/2020 at 2:58 AM, GBArmy said:

On 11/23/2020 at 11:15 AM, pacmanx1 said:

I noticed that BVA currently reviewing appeals are moving backwards. At one time it was August 2017 then June 2017 then May 2017 and now April 2017. Am I the only one that noticed this or is it just me?

The Board is currently reviewing appeals from April 2017 or older.

The VA seems to be using a new delaying approach.  Old timers like me are having delays to get BVA remands done and having to go back to the BVA more than a few times.  Result, we get advanced on the docket pushing everyone else back.  I think it is political with lobbyists pushing for a reduction in Veterans' entitlements.

I tried to break the circle with a BVA decision that gave me a negative on one issue that I believe was because the judge wanted me to go to the CAVC and try to break the circle.  But I am back to the BVA with a CAFC decision pending.  May get help there under the Fifth Amendment denial of due process for the VA refusing to provide evidence in the VA's Custody.  The Secretary cannot claim he has done all that could be done if the Medical Services will not provide the documents to the Compensation Service.  I have proved the documents are missing and that the VA has them in a hard copy medical file in the medical division that has not been scanned into the digital data record.

Sorry about holding everyone else up.  But, I am 79 years old with an operation for bladder cancer tomorrow.  Need to make sure my wife gets everything she is entitled to for her 49 years of taking care of me.

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA was holding up certification to the BVA.  Godsey v Wilkie changed that.  Now, as of October 1, 2020 we file directly to the BVA.  No waiting for VARO certification.  That has allowed a lot of us old timers to jump line to the BVA where we are given priority.  No priority at the RO DRO level.

• HadIt.com Elder

Lemuel We wish you God's speed on your operation. Be positive; stay strong. Let us know how you are doing brother.