Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Private Medical records Retrieval Center in Virginia Beach

Rate this question

kenneth keck

Question

2 answers to this question

What exactly are 'they' (who is 'they'?) saying? If you already have included the records in your file then you can request that the file be rated based on the evidence already provided. When we do PMR (private medical records) requests, the provider has 30 days to provide them, otherwise we move on to rating, or whatever else needs to be done with the claim. 

Just call the 800 number (1800 827 1000) and the person on the other side will type up an 0820 contact form that will be uploaded into your Efolder for VA. That upload triggers your Efolder/Claim to route out of the national work queue to whatever RO is available to work on it based on workload. The claim will have a flag on it that says "documents uploaded to Efolder", so whomever gets the claim has to clear that before the file can be released back to the queue again. Just be as specific as you can be to the person on the phone so that they get the right information in their write up that we see. 

You stated:

"the hospital records are in my VA medical records all ready all the have to do is look"

I think this happens more then we know-

It happened to me multiple times.

But how do you know they have these records?

Did you send them yourself or did you send them an authorization form to get them?

VA failed to obtain SSA records or my husband and said SSA refused to send them. His signed authorization form was in the VA file and ,after he died, I called the SSA in Baltimore because I also had 3 letters from my congressman and 2 senators, that the VA had lied to as well, over those records.

VA had never even requested them.

I raised Hell with the RO and I even showed his VA paychologist  his SSA award solely for PTSD.I showed him also, their last denial of my husband;'s request for higher rating of 30% for PTSD and that the VA had not listed any of the VA psychologists extensive PTSD  treatment records.

They did not even consider his 21 day  VA PTSD hospitalization  ,shortly before he died.

The VA doc was alarmed and told me he would send them a letter and gave me a copy of a few of his records, and I realized SSDI had based their award solely on all of his VA records- so SSA did have them from the VA.

They could have awarded the 100% P & T for PTSD in my husband;'s lifetime.

This had become an accrued benefit claim from his survivor.

I got a copy of the Doctor's letter to the VA from him and then within a very few weeks an award letter from the VA came, awarding 100% P & T for SC PTSD.

As some point the VA actually listed receipt of the SSA records but I think that occurred when they granted his AO IHD posthumously.

Did the VA ever in any past claim decision you had ,if any, state those records as evidence?

It amazes me how VA has no ability at all to really "look "for anything but usually that might well be the most probative evidence a veteran has.

If you tell me the VARO name /local I will see what  contact numbers or emails addys for them and post that info here.

The VA denied many if not all of my accrued claims right off the bat and the reason for that is because they completely ignored probative evidence.

They even denied my daughter's only claim- for DEA- because they did not know how to read her DD 214 and completely ignored her 7 years in military service. That was fixed with a scathing CUE and NOD from me, that she signed, and mailed to DEA , VA EDU department,  in 3 weeks.

Sometimes we have to get tough.