Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Exam for PTSD

Rate this question

Charles Metro

Question

I had a PTSD exam (telehealth) yesterday, arranged by LHI. A doctor interviewed me in what was supposed to be a two hour exam and concluded the interview after only 15 minutes. He then said he was going to approve the claim and i would see a response from the VA in a couple of months. He acted like he was the guy making the decision, which I thought was odd.

Was he just being facetious? Was he just telling me to "forget it"

2 answers to this question

The examiners opinion figures into it, along with symptomatology, but he's/they are not a decision maker. Was this an INC or a new claim? Either way, their opinion will still weight heavily- hopefully they don't mix your dictation up with another and forget what they are working on when they type up the opinion. 

Don't believe anything they say.  Wait till you get your decision.  In fact, go on Ebenefits and see if you got approved or not.  It'll show up there before you get your letter in the mail.  

I had a PTSD exam for an increase, the examiner said I should definitely get an increase at the end of the exam.  The exam did not go well from the start.  I pissed her off, she pissed me off.  She didn't ask any questions on the DBQ.  I probably knew it better than she.  She crafted her exam in a way to get me decreased to 0%.  I filed a formal complaint to the VARO.  Had several more PTSD exams.  All of them in my favor.  Totally discredited her exam as not making any sense.  Got approved 100%.