Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers (PCAFC)

Rate this question

hurryupnwait

Question

Has anyone in Oregon received a decision letter about acceptance into the PCAFC caregiver program?  We filed an application on October 26, 2020 and have gone through all the assessment interviews, which concluded on December 2, 2020.  Now, we are in Hurry up and Wait mode. 

This is for the pre 1975 vets that became eligible for the program on Oct 1, 2020.

Edited by hurryupnwait

When I count my blessings I count my family and friends twice.

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.

Well done is better than well said.

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The Caregiver program is a hoax.  The people running the program called my wife a liar and she got mad and told them to shove it.  After that it was a lost cause.  If not for my spouse I would probably be dead due to the DMII.  She makes sure I take my insulin.  Half the time I forget but she never does.  I just hate the MF'ing VA.  Bunch of pricks.  I am 100% HB and yet I am not bad enough off to have my wife get some help.  She is also disabled.  

In my prior post above, compare VISN 5,7, and 8. I look at that as if my appeal had ben adjudicated at VISN 5, I probably would have been granted.

Considering all, the words "VA Licensed Social Worker" is fast becoming dreaded words in the world of a disabled veteran, sort of like speaking to the wicked witch of the North.

If the issues concerning the PCAFC caregiver program are not exposed to the taxpayer and shined in the eyes of the politician, the pre 911, "Vietnam era veteran" has no chance.

The stay that was ordered by the Secretary to stop the severance from the program only concerns the post 9/11 legacy veterans.

My request through FOIA about the number of PCAFC appeals and how they were adjudicated

2022.03.08 FOIA Acknowledgment.pdf 475636384_Responsive22-03882-F(1).pdf

As a last resort, after six denied appeals with the VHA, I asked the BVA to revue my case .For the reason that I am a R-2 veteran, I asked that my level 2 PCAFC case be advanced on the Board's docket. The Board agreed and my level 2 PCAFC benefits were granted by the BVA on June 22, 2022.