Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vestibular disorder

Rate this question

dbrnp

Question

Hello,  I have a 10% disability for tinnitus, And a 30% disability for Vestibular disorder (vertigo)  And a 0% disability for hearing loss.  Can I claim a disability for meniere's desease?   My hearing loss is worse. my dizzyness is worse.  Can I relate it to my vestibular disorder?  Thank you.   

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
2 hours ago, dbrnp said:

Hello,  I have a 10% disability for tinnitus, And a 30% disability for Vestibular disorder (vertigo)  And a 0% disability for hearing loss.  Can I claim a disability for meniere's desease?   My hearing loss is worse. my dizzyness is worse.  Can I relate it to my vestibular disorder?  Thank you.   

I would file for increase on your hearing loss If I was you,  get notarized statements from family and friends about 7 or 8   ask them to attest to your problem hearing &  what problems you been having  due to increase hearing loss.

The VA will most likely send you to a C&P Exam  they will test your hearing   and  then wait for a decision   beings your service connected at 0% you stand a good chance to be rated   unless you have profound hearing loss  you be lucky to get a 10%   but it can be more depends on what the C&P Dr says? about your test results and your Maryland CNC Word test.

FILE FOR increase FOR YOUR HEARING LOSS  TODAY!!!

If you already have a vestibular disorder that is rated, check the schedule of Ratings for your symptoms now vs the 30% rating to see if those symptoms are in your current medical notes VAMC (or private, however you do it). You'll get an idea if it is worth it to file. 

2 hours ago, brokensoldier244th said:

If you already have a vestibular disorder that is rated, check the schedule of Ratings for your symptoms now vs the 30% rating to see if those symptoms are in your current medical notes VAMC (or private, however you do it). You'll get an idea if it is worth it to file. 

sadly even if your vestibular disorder is as bad as menirers disease is when rated at  100% you can only receive a 30% rating which is insane imo, I have vestibular migraines which are so severe my balance is so bad I am wheelchair bound.  I was seen in service for the symptoms, and yet I am rated for my migraines with vertigo symptoms......MORONS