VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

FDC FOR INCREASE

Rate this question

70%&sfsystem

Question

5 answers to this question

Its an internal marker for claims that were distributed over a few days last week out to the ROs from the work queue that were already pending for some other action and could not be worked. They were sent out anyway, resulting in claims that were immediately sent back to them by us because there was literally nothing else that could be done with them at that particular time. Those claims are marked that way so they can be recalled to the national queue (I think they have already) but that way a search could be run to find them all. We can't send a claim back to the work queue unless its actionable, and we did whatever was needed on it. Without an action, the claim sits in our cue accumulating time but there is no way for us at the VSR level to send it back . 

Im saying that your claim was probably in limbo anyway because it was waiting for something (most likely eam scheduling, private medical, or a national archives request for service treatment or personnel records- those are the two biggies right now that hold up the show). Those claims shouldn't have been sent out unless they hit their suspense dates (the dates we put into them that say "okay, waiting for X, check back in Y days to see if its shown up yet). If they hadn't then they weren't actionable. We're still looking at them as any other claim in our queues if they appear, but 99% of them have nothing that can be done with them at this moment. 

Good day brokensoldier244th

After re-reading your post and answers to me I looked it over and thought about it and today it’s down on me that I never explained what my claim is is for increases fully developed claim doctors DBQs evidence it’s all there it was filed as FDC and it’s been well over a year so that’s why I was questioning what the non-actionable Contention was if the RO had it Why would they send it back if it was a fully developed claim? 
 Thanks!

A fully developed claim doesn't necessarily mean that it will be immediately rated based only on the evidence sent with it. Thats up to the rater. On my side of things I see FDCs all the time and I set them up for exams for whatever contention, if I see a private DBQ I flag it and send it to a rater for an opinion on whether or not the DBQ is complete enough for a rating. If yes, the exam gets canceled, if no, then the exam is in place to complete the evidence necessary. This is just 1 example, though, I don't know what your specifics are, so im speculating. The "Non-Actionable" flag on your claim has nothing to do with you or your evidence, or your contentions. It's an action flag on OUR end so that the claims that were sent out to be worked that actually couldn't be (for whatever myriad reasons) can be tracked and recalled back into the central queue. That's all it is.