VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

HLR C&P

Rate this question

scooter318

Question

Hello Everyone

I recently had a HLR and the VA came back and said that they found errors with the previous C&P by LHI. So they scheduled me for another C&P exam which I had on last Friday with a VA NP. She asked me the standard question on the migraine questionnaire and then at the end she said she would have to do some research into the connection between PTSD and migraines and that I would have my decision in 30 days. I wanted to know is it normal to take 30 days because all the other C&P exams that I've had I received the results the day after the C&P exam.

26 minutes ago, scooter318 said:

Hello Everyone

I recently had a HLR and the VA came back and said that they found errors with the previous C&P by LHI. So they scheduled me for another C&P exam which I had on last Friday with a VA NP. She asked me the standard question on the migraine questionnaire and then at the end she said she would have to do some research into the connection between PTSD and migraines and that I would have my decision in 30 days. I wanted to know is it normal to take 30 days because all the other C&P exams that I've had I received the results the day after the C&P exam.

IMHO, more of a copout answer. Disability B can be secondary to service-connected disability A as long as you can get a medical opinion that disability B is as least likely as not caused by or is a result of service-connected disability A. Then give a good medical rationale. 

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) & Migraine (americanheadachesociety.org)

PTSD Linked to Chronic Headache • National Headache Foundation (headaches.org)

The Link Between Migraine Headaches and PTSD | Keefe Disability Law (keefelaw.com)

Pacmanx1

Thanks for the quick response and that what I thought as well, I found it kinda strange when she said she had to do some research and it would take 30 days.

Talk about PTSD and secondary migraines, I have 2 VA neurologist writing in my records that wrote in my records " migraines "are more likely that not service connected. The VA docs both wrote in "prostrating", I get Botox, nerve blocks and are on 3 prescriptions for migraines meds. I went to the 1st C&P. the NP did the DBQ, and even circled yes on prostrating. - they VA then went to a "Dr" that had 40 years experience it says and that Dr wrote that it was less likely than not.... that is what the VA claims agent used to deny me service connection.  I guess I can do a HLR and also use the medical links... makes me think the VA has there go to Dr's as well to get the nexus's denied... hmmmm