Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Doug

Rate this question

Dougs

Question

Greetings I’m looking for a neurologist that can give me a second opinion letter for migraines in Orange County.  How do can I find one that has experience in va claims?  Any help would be appreciated.

thank you 

14 hours ago, McRay said:

Assuming I win, it would be reimbursed?

Winning has nothing to do with it.  It's simply a medical examination.

In 2017, I underwent surgery to have one of the screws in my leg removed due to the pain it caused from being broken.  The screw, along with three others, were inserted in 2001 and is SC from a gunshot wound. 

Earlier this year, I went back to the German civilian surgeon with CDs showing all x-rays from 2001 - 2020.  He provided a letter stating his opinion on my injury both historically and currently.  We called it a check-up examination.  Now, keep in mind that I'm in Germany were medical matters are not expensive.  I was billed roughly 80 Euros.  I submitted to both Tricare and the VA during my current claim to which that letter is a part.  The VA reimbursed me about 60 Euros.  Tricare didn't due to the dollar amount and the deductible.

I understand going directly to VA hospital or VA approved physician is easy.  One need not worry about the billing.  Simply go, undergo treatment and leave.  I don't have that luxury as there are none near me.  Stuttgart is about a 3.5-4 hour drive.  Non-starter.  But I get, perhaps, better medical care.  Aye, the bills come to me, which I need to pay and then submit to Tricare or the VA for reimbursement.  But if I did live in the USA, I would most like do the same.      

John is correct   One Veteran indicated to me a law firm "up fronted" the cost of an IMO, then deducted that amount from the Vets retro check.  

Hill and Ponton is the name.  Or, try Glover Luck.