Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

White Envelope Came Yesterday

Rate this topic

ROMAD

:huh: Well first off I want to thank everyone for the assistance in relating your stories on the process. After much research and reading, my package was submitted and I waited patiently. I recieved my award letter granting 50% SC from my previous rating of 30%. It was a strange feeling as many of you have related. But a good feeling as well. I will take a few days to get used to the idea before i apply for CUE. I should have been granted 50% from the original date of award in 1993. But being employed at the time and having small kids I did not pursue it. Well based on the verbage of "frequent and prostrating attacks" which I have had from day one, I believe they made a mistake way back when. I had to wait several years to pay back the lump sum I recieved at seperation but not sure how it will work if they grant my CUE. Well thanks again to everyone in the group.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

If you feel that 50% is the proper rating and that the VA still owes you CUE you have to appeal it anyway. If you are not working it should be more.

Good Luck

The rating guide shows 50% as the max for my disability. But I do intend to work on getting it retro back to my date of seperation. I should have been rated 50% from day 1.

ROMAD

Don't settle for 50%, file a NOD within the proper timeframe. Get an IMO. Get the NEXUS. Get more evidence.

Don't settle for less than you deserve and most deserve MORE than the VA is willing to give you on such an award. CONTINUE THE BATTLE.... until you really win..... VICTORY !!!

You, Sir, have almost driven me away from this site!

I post little, but I read a lot.

When I have more knowledge, I will provide CONSTRUCTIVE help to those whom I can help or encourage.

I am really tired of sorting through your negative posts and envisioning the panic and despair you project on a new Veteran who wants help--not a War Chant.

It is not war.

It is Rules, Regulations, and Humans trying to do the job they are hired to do on one side, and other Humans to claim the benefits they are entitled to on the other--under the LAW!

Sorry.

ROMAD clearly stated that 50% is the max for his condition.

The only issue remaining that I can see is a technical condition about CUE and the EDD. Unless I missed something.

You are clearly at war with the VA.

You seem to at war with some of the members here.

There are extremely talented and experienced professionals here who offer balanced advice, hope, and congratulations when things go right.

Can you possibly join them, or do you wish to drive other Veterans away from this site?

I am sure you will "micro analyze" this post--knock your self out.

TIM

My apologies to the Management here---just put me "over the top" and I had to say it!