Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

White Envelope Came Yesterday

Rate this topic

ROMAD

KAPN,

There is an ignore button you can click on so you can block out whoever's post you don't

want to be bother with. This function is about all I can suggset. Hope you utilize it and stay with us awhile.

ROMAD,

Congrats on the award, a little more $$ each month. Also, at 50% you are covered for all medical problems thru the VA, to include those that are not service connected and no more co-pays to include medication co-pays. If you want to, let us know what you base your CUE claim on we will help.

I'm in Florida - SC'd at 60 %, this gets me an additional $5,000.00 deduction on my property taxes.

You may get some additional benefits, just check it out for where you live.

jmho,

carlie

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ROMAD WELL DONE!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!!

The CUE- please let us know when you get to dealing with the CUE claim-

on the first glance it appears to me that you fully have a legal basis on the CUE-

as you know CUEs are tricky and lots of legalize but I see what you mean so far here-

you will need the rating schedule from 1993 and the diagnostic codes they used in that decision and I assume that 1993 decision is final and you re-opened the claim for the 50% but did Not appeal the initial 1993 decision.

Makes sense to me- CUE- but only my cautiously optimistic opinion so far based on what you said.

RELAX , get a fabulous meal, or catch a good movie, buy some new clothes whatever-

your family must be proud too- this was a job Well done-

and you obviously sent the VA (and they actually read it ) excellent medical evidence.

• HadIt.com Elder
You, Sir, have almost driven me away from this site!

I post little, but I read a lot.

When I have more knowledge, I will provide CONSTRUCTIVE help to those whom I can help or encourage.

I am really tired of sorting through your negative posts and envisioning the panic and despair you project on a new Veteran who wants help--not a War Chant.

It is not war.

It is Rules, Regulations, and Humans trying to do the job they are hired to do on one side, and other Humans to claim the benefits they are entitled to on the other--under the LAW!

Sorry.

ROMAD clearly stated that 50% is the max for his condition.

The only issue remaining that I can see is a technical condition about CUE and the EDD. Unless I missed something.

You are clearly at war with the VA.

You seem to at war with some of the members here.

There are extremely talented and experienced professionals here who offer balanced advice, hope, and congratulations when things go right.

Can you possibly join them, or do you wish to drive other Veterans away from this site?

I am sure you will "micro analyze" this post--knock your self out.

TIM

My apologies to the Management here---just put me "over the top" and I had to say it!

KAPN - he may be at war with the VA but just because 50% is the max doesn't mean it's really the max. I helped a vet who had used SO's from the DAV and VFW, plus a congressman, and was told by the RO that 50% was the max he could get for his diability, a skin condition. While that was schedularly true, his condition kept him from working. We got him TDIU and won $72k retro, for him. They still owed him 10 more years but he chose not to pursue an EED for fear of losing what he had. His loss.

Also, think of the VA as an insurance company, with policy holders in FL, during Katrina - they really don't want to pay. Think about how many deserving veterans are denied. The deck is really stacked against us. The VA and the IRS are here to help us - Yeah, right! jmo but factual.

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

Romad,congrats on your success.

Board of Veterans’ Appeals.

When can I file an appeal?

You may file an appeal up to one year from the date

the local VA office mails you its initial determination

on your claim. After that, the determination is

38 U.S.C. § 7101(a)

38 U.S.C. § 7104

considered final and cannot be appealed unless it

involved clear and unmistakable error by VA.

mobie

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't think Philip is saying anything most of us believe about the VA. He has made many good points here. If the VA was so good we would not need Hadit. They screwed me for 30 years. I don't want to hear about the law and all that bull. The law sent me to Vietnam where I got a good dose of AO. The law has killed about a million vets over the years from neglect.

Posters here are not the bad guys. The bad guys are in Washington and at the helm of the VA.