Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Press Release on delayed mail

Rate this question

Berta

Question

VA statement on GPO printing and mailing delay

"WASHINGTON — Due to supply chain and staffing shortages, the vendor contracted by the Government Publishing Office to provide printing services for the Department of Veterans Affairs is experiencing delays in printing and mailing notification letters to Veterans and claimants. The disruption may impact the ability of some claimants to meet required deadlines via written correspondence with VA.

In response to the mailing delays and to protect the best interest of claimants, the Veterans Benefits Administration is extending their response period by 90-calendar days for claimants with letters dated between July 13, 2021 and Dec. 31, 2021.

If a claimant does not reply to a time-limited notification, such as, making an election of benefits or services, or reporting for a scheduled compensation and pension examination., VBA will not take adverse action to deny, reduce or terminate benefits and services unless: 1) the claimant is contacted and there is documentation of their right to respond; 2) the requested information has been received; or 3) the response period has lapsed.  

VA and GPO are proactively working to quickly address the mailing delays. For questions on this matter, Veterans and claimants can contact VA at 800-827-1000.

Veterans who filed an appeal with the Board of Veterans’ Appeals can click here for information specific to Board correspondence, scheduled hearings at the Board and receiving your Board decision."

https://www.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=5744

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

2 hours ago, Marine Corp 69/70 said:

Berta.  Even if you find out ten minutes after your C&P exam the rater would take the decision that the C&P doctor said, that’s the way the systems work. That the reason the va doesn’t allow you to have someone in the room with you. When you use to go to the Va hospital for a C&P as soon as the doctor wrote up the exam you could go to release of records and get a copy, them it was changed to Three days now it thirty days. So you can’t go to the C&P office in the hospital say that there was something wrong with the exam. The VA isn’t your FRIEND.

Veterans should never rely on a C & P examiners opinion. I always try to tell veterans to first seek treatment and get it documented that the veteran has a condition/disability and the symptoms that are being cared for. The key here is not really getting a proper diagnosis but get the veteran's symptoms documented and then file for a compensation later. Disability compensation is rated by symptoms not diagnosis. If the veteran already has the symptoms noted in his/her medical records it would be a lot harder for the VA to deny the veteran's claim. If the C & P examiner gives a negative medical opinion, then that means the veteran still wins his/her claim because the two exams would put the claim in relative equipoise (A balance of positive and negative evidence) where the veteran get the benefit of doubt.

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

Pacman certainly is RIGHT!!!!!!!

I only needed IMOs for my BVA case, and Dr. Bash could easily knock down the 2 initial negative C & P exams, because he had copies of them.

I have already rattled off here many times th shock of a VA doctor years ago  who was deprived of my husband's autopsy. He said if he had know of it, his whole opinion would have changed.***

That also happened when Ifiled FTCA- I called the VA Central Office and got a hold of the doctor who had denied the FTCA case.

They too were shocked to learn that my VARO deliberately withheld the autopsy from them too.

In my Shreddergae testimony I supplied the H VAC sub committee with copies of 53 tracking slips involving evidence I sent to my RO mthat  they said they never got .to include 12 separate submissions of the autopsy.

Marine Corp 69/70- you are correct as well.

Much of my White House hot line  complaint that went to the VA Office of Accountability, included proof positive that neither Congress, nor the American tax payer, has any idea of how the VA stacks the deck against veterans and manipulates their compensation statistics.

BTW-the VA RO doctor I mentioned, *** ,as to being shocked--I read the VA's decision over the phone to him as to what he had stated in th C & P exam - and they left out a very important part of what he had said- He sent me his actual C & P exam results that stated clearly at the end---- that if an autopsy had been done, it would have warranted a far different opinion. He was really ticked to see how his actual report was manipulated. And even more shocked when he learned I had been successful with my wrongful death case, and the VARO ignored that fact until I called the OGC.

I hope that kind of crap does not happen to most widows will valid DIC issues.

But it might.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Community Owner

I just got a letter dated October 29, 2021 on December 2, 2021 stating I need to "reply within 30 days"  it was about a request to expedite my claim under FDC. I will post it hear sometime this week because of the screwy language the VA used.   It is all probably moot because the VA made a decision on November 18, 2021 and ratted me at 70% PTSD and I made them go back and rate me at 100% UI because they denied the UI on November 10, 2021 on another claim.  Berta this was on one of those C & P exams that you talked about in this post.

I was  intention to post a lot of stuff this week in the win forum and C & P Exam forum but on December 2 2021  I had a bad auto accident. A flat bed semi pulled across the road in front of me and left the last two wheels hanging in my lane. (The Left one.) I am now just able to get up and sit in front of the computer. The word hear is "By the grace of GOD." I will be ok but it will take a min.

part0001.jpg

part0001002003004005006007008.jpg

Sorry, that you were in an accident.

Hope you and your family are OK.

Take Care

That was the sad part but,

Congratulations! on your win.

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

• Community Owner
6 hours ago, pacmanx1 said:

Sorry, that you were in an accident.

Hope you and your family are OK.

Take Care

That was the sad part but,

Congratulations! on your win.

Healing slowly BIG GOD little truck (semi). you all will hear from me soon on topic.