Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

Treatment of Injured Soldiers at Walter Reed Army Medical Center

Watch Live here http://www.c-span.org/watch/cspan_wm.asp?Cat=TV&Code=CS

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• In Memoriam

I watched. One congressman told General Kiley, 'Hog-Wash', when Kiley, started to indicate that PTSD and TBI were new diseases.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

• HadIt.com Elder

The Army told one soldier that had a brain injury that it was a pre-existing condition and that he was retarded anyway. All his injuries pre-existed his service according to the PEB. A guy with a brain injury from being shot through the head gets 40% disability from the Army even though he lost an eye and has PTSD. Only 4% of those who go before the Army PEB get a medical pension according to C-Span. These are active duty. How does a vet get something like this? It is not really possible via correction of military records or a review board after being discharged I think. The system is 100% stacked against vets. VA is like Old Mother Hubbard compared to Army medical boards.

• HadIt.com Elder
I watched. One congressman told General Kiley, 'Hog-Wash', when Kiley, started to indicate that PTSD and TBI were new diseases.

Yes that was a Congressman Braley he knows the DSM IV and knows about PTSD and he has friends that have been doing free prosthetic services pro bono at Walter Reed and LTG Kiley knew nothing about it, WTF, how can a person get into WR and make free legs and arms for soldiers and a General not know about it?

That hearing was a national disgrace and the soldiers and wife did this nations military very honorable today, I noticed none of the Congress critters even tried to challenge any of their statements like they did the Generals answers. Things "might" get fixed maybe

If anyone has time to meet for coffee at the Augsuat VA on the 7th I will be at the 15th Street VA at 1100 I have an appointment at 1300 so we can share VA tales for an hour or so, if you want to meet in the snack bar

Edited by Testvet

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

Guest rickb54
Yes that was a Congressman Braley he knows the DSM IV and knows about PTSD and he has friends that have been doing free prosthetic services pro bono at Walter Reed and LTG Kiley knew nothing about it, WTF, how can a person get into WR and make free legs and arms for soldiers and a General not know about it?

That hearing was a national disgrace and the soldiers and wife did this nations military very honorable today, I noticed none of the Congress critters even tried to challenge any of their statements like they did the Generals answers. Things "might" get fixed maybe

If anyone has time to meet for coffee at the Augsuat VA on the 7th I will be at the 15th Street VA at 1100 I have an appointment at 1300 so we can share VA tales for an hour or so, if you want to meet in the snack bar

TestVet,

I leave for Texas in the morning but, When I return from Texas I would like to get up with you and have that coffee. I will contact you by Private message and maybe we can set a time. I do have an appointment on the 9th Apr at 11:00 for xrays, and Pulmonary at 15th St VA, but maybe we can get to get together before then.....

Guest rickb54
Treatment of Injured Soldiers at Walter Reed Army Medical Center

Watch Live here http://www.c-span.org/watch/cspan_wm.asp?Cat=TV&Code=CS

I watched a good part of this on TV, but I get to upset when I see and hear about this kind of treatment of our brothers and sisters. My wife made me change the channel, (actually she took over the remote, not like I can get up and chase her for it.) I am glad that this if finally getting to the pubilc. When I was medevaced in 73, I went through Landstul Hospital in Germany and the conditions there were deploreable too. I don't think anyone in the chain really cares until they get caught then all hell breaks loose and people get fired. In 6 months I fear things will be back to "normal".

• HadIt.com Elder

Good deal rick my e mail is testvet you can probaly guess the rest of the address lol Mike that guy McLeod the one who's wife testified today lives here in Columbia He was on the local news when the VA was messing him over when WR sent him home, they were playing games getting into the VA system, his wife went to the local TV station the VA fixed that mess the next day too funny they hate TV stories

Edited by Testvet

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."