VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Condition secondary to more than 1 service connected disabilities.

Rate this question

mwillis71

Question

Hello,

I am service connected for sleep apnea, ptsd, anxiety and more. I have GERD which I believe is secondary to anxiety, ptsd and sleep apnea.  However, when applying for a secondary condition, you can only link it to 1 existing disability. My chances of getting it approved would be higher if I could link it all together. Is there a way to do that or should I file multiple claims for secondary to each disability? 

On 1/28/2022 at 6:52 PM, pacmanx1 said:

I had my VAMC Rheumatologist write a nexus opinion that my service-connected fibromyalgia caused my sleep apnea and the VA sent me to a C & P exam and I went and asked the C & P examiner why I was there, I just got a medical opinion from my VAMC Rheumatologist and showed it to her. She said that she did not know why and wrote in my exam that she agreed with my treating rheumatologist and that was it. The C & P exam was over, and I was granted service connection within thirty (30) days of her report.

PERFECT EXAMPLE> why taking this evidence to your C&P is so important as well. i have found most of the time, the examiner has not even looked at your file before your visit, and 2x i have had an examiner say they will look at the provided evidence in the file(my osa and my central auditory processing disorder-CAPD claims) and never referenced that they even looked at them. forcing them to look in front of you and give an opine on your IME/IMO or even diagnosis and treatment is great call out!!! i wish i had this advice when i started working my claims!