Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I think waiting on a decision letter might be worst than the process

Rate this question

Mr cue

Question

Man this sit around waiting on a letter is mess with me I ain't call in two days.

I feel I am upset my self for nothing then ppl ain't going to say anything.

I keep looking on ebenfits trying to figure out what they granted. Smh.

I can't get happy because last time the judge switch one month of smc s to smc l.

I got 300.00 retro lol.

I keep try to break it down there was only two issue left under the cavc remand docket.

Smc o and r and loss of use under smc benfits smc m.

Now they remand the loss of use for six months they comp exam shopp it I refuse there exam.

I already had a favorable  specialized loss of use comp exam done by the VA.

Anyway the soc on address this.

Not the smc o and r remand by the court.

So my thought is it the smc r or o.

Lol.

All this in my head when they could of just put the letter for the smc.

Ok I done venting again lol

14 hours ago, john999 said:

For about six months I had no money coming in and that was bad.

I think a lot of people here know what that's like...they know what it is to lose a home and lose your things...or dodging cops because your registration is expired...your home on wheels...lol.  Survival becomes that. It becomes keeping the only thing that's good that you've got left, to be free of tickets.  

Anyway, I spent some several months waiting on a BVA decision that I was sure would have me paying off my house, only to be dismissed on a technicality.  

Even sure things are not so sure. What you want you've got to fight for.  Fortunately, the fight gets easier in some ways. It's much easier to fight when you have a roof over your head and can pay the basic requirements to stay on the good side of the law. In other ways it's harder to keep fighting, because you just want to enjoy your time left on earth.

Keep fighting...it's all you can do, because this inflation on fixed income is not getting any easier. Fight today, to make it easier in the coming few years.

80% combined (rounded).  82% actual.

70% - Major depressive disorder with anxious distress (claimed depression), Service-connected disability? Yes. Effective date:19/08/2016
10% - Degenerative disc disease thoracolumbar spine, Service-connected disability? Yes. Effective date:19/08/2016
10% - Radiculopathy, left lower extremity, Service-connected disability? Yes. Effective date:19/08/2016
10% - Sciatic nerve radiculopathy right lower extremity, Service-connected disability? Yes. Effective date:26/02/2020
10% - Bilateral temporomandibular joint syndrome (claimed TMJ), Service-connected disability? Yes. Effective date:19/08/2016
10% - Tinnitus, Service-connected disability? Yes. Effective date:19/08/2016
0% - Right ear hearing loss, Service-connected disability? Yes. Effective date:19/08/2016
Left ear hearing loss, Service-connected disability? No
Cognitive impairment (claimed due to major depressive disorder), Service-connected disability? No

• HadIt.com Elder

Heck yeah,  In Tampa where I live the inflation rate is just about 10%.  The raises I got for SSA, pension and VA were about 6%.  I am going in the hole every month.  The government CPI and PPI don't include prices for energy and food.  That is where the massive inflation is happening.  Of course, inflation of housing and rent in my area is just out of sight.  Home prices went up 15% in the last year and I think rent went up more than that.  Used car prices went up 30% year over year.  My brother has a 2004 honda that I sold him.  It is worth more now that what he paid for it and he has had it 6 years.  The way the government cures inflation is to cause a recession.  Interest rates go up so when you buy a car or house you pay more to finance it .  If you are rich and can pay cash for a car or house not too bad but most of us cannot do that.

22 minutes ago, Mr cue said:

But that is here or there and just my opinion an me venting.

Mr. Cue, I think you're in the wild west with this...slinging it out.  It's not like fighting for service-connect or service-connect increases. What you're going through truly is madness making.

I saw the Hill & Ponton video below where the attorneys are calling the fight for SMCs outlandish, and that VA is abusing this somewhat uncertain area of regulations and law. Making it super hard.

I thought of you when I saw this video.

They start talking about it at 1:10:52. So, fast forward the video to that time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79R1YBR-KVA&t=4365s

70% - Major depressive disorder with anxious distress (claimed depression), Service-connected disability? Yes. Effective date:19/08/2016
10% - Degenerative disc disease thoracolumbar spine, Service-connected disability? Yes. Effective date:19/08/2016
10% - Radiculopathy, left lower extremity, Service-connected disability? Yes. Effective date:19/08/2016
10% - Sciatic nerve radiculopathy right lower extremity, Service-connected disability? Yes. Effective date:26/02/2020
10% - Bilateral temporomandibular joint syndrome (claimed TMJ), Service-connected disability? Yes. Effective date:19/08/2016
0% - Right ear hearing loss, Service-connected disability? Yes. Effective date:19/08/2016
Cognitive impairment (claimed due to major depressive disorder), Service-connected disability? No

I think the problem with smc is that a lot of rater and regional office don't understand it.

I will just use my case I apply because they were never inferred.

If you apply for smc benfits they shouldn't be treating each one as a claim.

Each smc k s m l I r. Is not a condition it's a rating.

My case each one is a sperate claim and appeal. Smh.

So yes there are many problems with the VA an smc benfits.

Wow, Mr Cue, I had no idea "you landed that big fish" (Ken Carpenter).  He is a "whale" among Vet lawyers.  

I once tried to get Mr Carpenter.  There office said that "he does not accept" email attached evidence, so I had to mail it in.  

Unfortunately, it delayed it significantly and I had already hired another attorney when Ken Carpernters office called to accept my claim.  

I agree with Berta, that Ken Carpenter is the best of the best in Veterans law.  I love that Ken Carpenter will "take the VA on" blazing new trails for other attorneys to follow.  While I can understand why, many vets attorneys want to limit representation to "no brainers", when VA did stupid stuff like not giving a reasons and bases for decision, pretty much always guaranteeing a remand at cavc.  

There are lots of risks blazing new (legal) trails.  The biggest is that the attorney spends his time, and yes, money on preparing your case, and winds up with zero if denied.  Attorneys hire legal aids and secretaries, all of who expect to be paid every 2 weeks, and that is tough when you have to wait sometimes for years to get paid, and , sometimes never get paid.  

My advice is to "do whatever it takes" to keep Mr. Carpenter happy, and trust him to do you right.  

Dont try to tell Ken Carpenter how to practice Veterans law, I would be better off telling Tiger Woods how to play Golf.  Ken Carpenter has forgotten more Veterans law than many people, including attorneys, know.  

Congrats on landing Mr. Carpenter.  Knowing this, I have a deeper level of respect for your legal opinions.  If Mr. Carpenter is "challenging VA" on the issue of Howell, or if all tdiu Vets should get SMC S, that will be very interesting, and many Vets would like to see the outcome of this.  

34 minutes ago, broncovet said:

Congrats on landing Mr. Carpenter.  Knowing this, I have a deeper level of respect for your legal opinions.  If Mr. Carpenter is "challenging VA" on the issue of Howell, or if all tdiu Vets should get SMC S, that will be very interesting, and many Vets would like to see the outcome of this.  

We can only pray, but Mr. Cue's journey will definitely have a lot of attention.