Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has anyone ever had bad luck using DAV?

Rate this question

Remisdad

Question

I decided to use DAV to help with my appeal. When I went in to see the lady and I was very disappointed. She basically argued with me about my appeal, she couldn't figure out the dates on my claim, and she couldn't answer my questions without sending the question to someone on the other end of her computer. I took it for about 30-45 minutes asked for my paperwork back, I told her have a nice day and left. I was mad all day! Lol. I guess I'll go back to my VSO. I really don't know how this lady got her job because she knew nothing. Anyway I hope everyone using DAV has better luck than I did. 

I sued my DAV rep long ago- in a Federal District court.

He will never treat widows of disabled veterans ,like he treated me, again. 

The DAV is a Wonderful organization- they do far more than employ vet reps -and help vets in many other ways- and DAV does rank pretty wel in reprentation,  annually in the annual BVA report to Congress- it is on line at their site.

They asked me a few  months ago to volunteer for them re: VA Benefits and claims issue- maybe to write for their newletter-.I am still thinking about doing that- but I have a full plate already-rearding volunteer jobs.

If you had a prior VSO from a different org- by all means, recind the POA with DAV and the VA, and get some real help.

It is  shame that a few DAV NSO dopes can hurt  what the DAV really is all about.

If a NSO,VSO, vet rep etc etc etc .agent, lawyer causes .by their documented errors, that have cost you compensation,  cost you cash-you can sue them.

A TDIU vet did years ago and that post is here somewhere.

added- here is the BVA Chairman;s Report to Congress  for 2021- it i page 39

https://www.bva.va.gov/docs/Chairmans_Annual_Rpts/BVA2021AR.pdf

You can readily see how well lawyers do, and the DAV still has a very good win record.

Edited by Berta
added more

• HadIt.com Elder

Anybody can have a good win record if they only take slam dunks and count anything with a partial win a wil.