Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retro Pay

Rate this question

lee.edwards

Question

Greetings 

My legacy remanded claims (Docket 11-12 911) was Granted by BVA Law Judge on 23 May 2022. My 100 percent P&T was backdated from 2015 to 2009. Will there be an audit before retro pay?

Best Regards 

Chiefhouse00 

11 hours ago, lee.edwards said:

Is there a good retro pay calculator I can use.

I have no idea.I do math the old fashioned way. I use a pencil and paper, first figuring out what I have alredy received and what they owe me. Although its not as simple as that sounds. One would have to know the dates, compensation rates and perhaps some other inormation, before being  able to sit down and figuring it out. To tell you the truth while I understand how to figure it out, I have a bad problem of transposing numbers ( as well as letters). I usually do it three or four times before I am satisfied with my answer. My wife on the other hand can do it in her mind in a matter of seconds. My son is the same way, I guess he got the smart genes from his mother. 

Edited by Richard1954
as usual - spelling

On 6/9/2022 at 8:09 AM, broncovet said:

After a board decision, but prior to you receiving money, the VARO should send an "implementation" decision.  

Rarely, the money comes first, then you get the VARO decision.  

Remember, you can appeal ANY PORTION of a board decision, including effective date, percentage, SMC, etc, "even when" another portion of the decision is denied, granted, or remanded.  

As always, if you chose to appeal a board decision, get after it right away, you dont get a full year to appeal..only 120 days.  So read the board decision carefull, ask hadit if its unclear, and decide if an appeal is warranted.  

"Remands" can not be appealed because they are not final decisions..a remand means it is sent to someone else to readjuticate, in compliance with the remand instructions.  Awards can be appealed, if you dispute the effective date or disability percentage.  

Greetings! What is an VA Implementation document or what does it look like?  I received documents from the BVA (dated 23 May 2022) and VARO (dated 31 May 2022)  explaining the details of the Grant. I called DFAS today and they don't have a request for an Audit from the VA.  Can this mean the VA will do the recalculation and deposit what ever Retro I'm due into my bank account?

Best Regards 

Chiefhouse00