VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Have We Gained By Coming Here?

Rate this question

Guest HankHill

Question

Guest HankHill

You know, T-Bird went to alot of trouble to dismantle the old forum and create this new one because of disrupters and Flame posts supposedly. From what I can tell, the only things that have come out of this change is that we now have a forum format that is NOT user friendly at all, we have lost ALOT of the old knowledgable folks who were irreplaceable with claims assistance who refused to come to the new forum and guess what, We still have to deal with the original sh*t disturber that started this whole mess and caused the move in the first place. I ask you all, what exactly have we accomplished by making all of these changes?

Awnser: ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! WE HAVE WENT BACKWARDS FOR CRYING OUTLOUD! I have tried and tried to find something, anything good that has come out of all of these changes and for the life of me I cant find one damn thing.

T-Bird, please don't take this personally because I have alot of respect and admiration for what you have tried to do, but was it all really worth it?

Might as well just turn this place into a gloves off political discussion arena because that is what it has become it seems. What ever happened to vets helping vets?

It is ironic that the name of this forum is Hadit.com, because I for one have HADIT and will not be back.

To T-Bird and those of you who have helped me and others with claims issues in the past, I thank you all and wish you the best.

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I'm confused. I've never HAD to read the political forum. I've never been on that forum. Therefore I have never been upset by anything there. If I had gone there and did not like what I saw then I wouldn't go back. Problem solved.

If I go out to dinner and order the steak dinner and it comes with carrots and I don't like carrots, I DO NOT HAVE TO EAT THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE ON MY PLATE. I can eat the steak and potatoes and salad. If i want steak tomarow, I STILL don't have to eat the carrots. likewize, you do not have to read a forum because it is on this site. Go to the one or ones that interest you and LEAVE THE REST ALONE. Others might like carrots.

How tough is that? Why do people torture themselves. If you smoke a cigarret and it makes you cough, then don't do it any more. Why keep puffing and hacking and complaining that cigarretes should be illegal cause they make you cough when you smoke them?

• HadIt.com Elder

I know that all of us use this Board differently but I click on view new posts so the political stuff comes up mixed in with everything else. I do select by looking at the short description and I also have ignored two posters which makes it a lot easier.

Dear Fellow Veterans & Friends.

There is one thing I know for sure. Tbird is really providing a service here for vets. The only thing I see that needs to be corrected now is. Claims issues starts from back to front and at the bottom to the top and social chat is the oppisite. If the could get the two to be the same and line up anyother site the same way, That would solve all my problems. I like the option when an old topic is responded to it goes to the top of the list.

One thing we must keep in mind is. This has been allot of work for Tbird, and it is an amazing site over the other. Tbird is a human being. How would any of us feel to have put forth all this work and it is a quality job she has done. To have fellow vets nit pic over the bugs on here. We would not be here if Tbird looked at all our faults and decided we were not worth it.

YOU HANG IN THERE TBIRD. WE ALL LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!

Terry Higgins

Terry; scroll down to the bottom of each forum and change the order from a-z to z-a that should solve the problem, Jesse

Until the VA starts to employ literates who give us benefit of our own rights under the laws in 38 USC and CFR and until service officers and vet reps become as fully educated in VA regs and medical criteria to fulfill those regs, as many here are, we have EVERYTHING to gain by being here.

Besides where else can you get the emotional support as well as technical help in the aspects of proving your claim? I bet almost everyone one here has had those awful denial letters, that always come late on a Friday and you have a miserable weekend to stew over them.

And then again many many here have hung in there to see finally an award letter usually for the same thing they were denied for-

And the waiting game------we all understand that too----where else should we go?

Political stuff here ? I never read it-that way it never upsets me.

TBird built this site due to the disgraceful failure of the VA system -we have to do their job and the job of SOs by being proactive with our claims.To make sure our own rights aren't violated, or if they are, we can combat that. Unlike a normal civil court of law the regs are already stacked against us because of the C & P regs- their docs have a lot of control over our claims.We do not have the same rights of Discovery as a civil complaint would have. We have to practically become lawyers and doctors ourselves in properly stating our claims and supporting them medically.

Until veterans really have a fair playing field with the VA we can all benefit from this site.